Please review the job details below.
Maxar is currently seeking an Engineering Manager to join our Space Program Delivery teams in Westminster, CO. or San Jose, CA. In this role, you will lead a team of Verification and Validation Test Engineers focused on confirming the data handling sub-systems of our spacecraft flight software. Thermal, battery, commanding, and telemetry are examples of these mission-critical data handling sub-systems. Life with Us
Your Projects: Maxar is honored to work with a variety of government and commercial partners on a wide variety of projects. These include developing the Power Propulsion Element (PPE) for the Lunar Gateway for NASA and a variety of low earth and geosynchronous orbit communication satellites. Your team will be responsible for ensuring that the spacecraft flight software developed in house meets the requirements of these programs.
Your Career: We're very serious about professional development and continuing education at Maxar. We offer our team members with the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. Our group has amazing resources to support learning and development. You will work with your manager to set goals and design a development plan to advance your career.
What We Offer: Time for dedicated professional development, conference attendance, corporate partner and industry training, peer group collaboration, hackathons, as well as paid certifications, education reimbursement and student loan forgiveness.
What you'll do day-to-day (with your colleagues):
- Lead a team of 10-50 Verification and Validation Test Engineers to support numerous spacecraft programs within Maxar.
- Assist and guide your team members on project and learning activities that help expand their skills, knowledge, and career opportunities.
- Assist the team with optimizing it's organization structure, including the adoption of the Scaled Agile Framework.
- Assist other peer organizations in solving for the whole: drive greater ownership & solutioning to ensure all programs are successful.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain U.S. Government security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering/Science or Aerospace Engineering and 8 years of work experience (Four additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree)
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a team Manager, Technical Lead, or a combination of both
- Previous experience in software development, software finance accountability, and working as a software project lead
- Recent relevant experience operating in SAFe, Scaled Agile Framework
- Worked on satellite software development from inception to launch
- Experience with large-scale satellite software development projects
- Experience with CMMI-3
The Compensation range for this position in Colorado is $109,000 to $181,000 annually and is dependent on location, skills, and experience. COVID-19 Update:
All Maxar U.S. employees and international employees who work in the U.S. and visit Maxar sites must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 no later than January 18, 2022 , except in cases where legally entitled to an exception. Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.