Credence Management Solutions, LLC (Credence) is seeking a Network Engineer at the Journeyman level for our Nuclear Command, Control, Communications (NC3) Integration program. The Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center (AFNWC) Nuclear Command, Control, and Communications Integration Directorate (AFNWC/NC) mission is to deliver integrated NC3 capabilities warfighters use every day to deter and assure. The Directorate ensures ongoing NC3 programs, legacy systems and new capabilities are fully integrated as part of the Air Force's overall effort to sustain, modernize, and recapitalize the nuclear enterprise. The Directorate serves as an integrator ensuring that current and future NC3 capabilities across the spectrum are being evaluated and considered in concert.
The Network Engineer shall provide network engineering for a complex computer network and/or electronic systems including Command and Control (C2), airborne networking and Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) sensor systems for Air Force acquisition programs.
This position is based at Hanscom, AFB, MA. Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the duties listed below, as outlined in the contract statement of work:
- Providing direction on program development of software architectures and designs concepts, hardware development such as electronic circuits, electronic devices or equipment for purposes such as communications, computation, sensing and control.
- Providing overall technical direction and guidance for performing requirements definition, development, modification, integration, validation, testing, redesign, when necessary, and special investigations associated with development and sustainment support activities for all assigned systems, to include performance analyses, modeling and simulation, hardware/software investigations and reliability or maintainability studies.
- Determining logical solutions to major problems and develops or initiates changes to system architecture and/or hardware and software designs to resolve said problems.
- Determining compatibility and interoperability issues of assigned systems and other related integrated systems and notifies appropriate managerial, engineering and operational organizations of possible impacts to system mission effectiveness.
- Reviewing systems documentation including plans, specifications, design data, procedures and other associated documents in support of assigned systems and for systems that interface with assigned systems.
- Developing comprehensive technical documentation for engineering forecasts, status reporting and detailed planning of projects.
- Minimum of an Active Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance with Compartmented Information (TS/SCI).
- Minimum Education BA/BS Degree or MA/MS Degree
- Minimum 3 to 10 years of related experience is required.
- Ability to work on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently.
- May oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel if required.