Staff Computer Vision and Data ScientistWould you like to build energy technology solutions to help industries reduce their greenhouse gas emissions?Who we are!
The global goal of achieving carbon neutrality to minimize climate change impacts is accelerating. At Avitas Systems, a Baker Hughes venture, we build AI cloud solutions to help industries understand and reduce their greenhouse gas emissions. We research, develop, and deploy advanced data analytics, robotics, and computer vision technologies that are also used for safe, efficient industrial asset visual inspection and integrity management.What your role will involve!
You will apply your strong computer vision and data science expertise and proven industry experience to develop deep learning and advanced algorithms to make an impact across multiple product lines in a fast-paced environment where rapid prototyping and experimentation are prized.
As a Staff Computer Vision and Data Scientist, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Researching, conceiving, designing, prototyping, implementing, and improving deep learning or other machine learning algorithms that analyze structured and unstructured data such as time series, IR/RGB Ground/Drone/Satellite images and videos
- Working closely with other data scientists and analytics engineers to propose creative ideas, develop production code, and support team members
- Communicating effectively with technical experts, business managers, and customers
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Master's or Ph.D. with specific focus on machine learning, computer vision, advanced data analytics or closely related quantitative discipline
- Have proven experience in using well-established supervised and unsupervised machine learning or computer vision methods for large industry-strength data analysis problems
- Be fluent in Python, and with frameworks such as PyTorch and TensorFlow
Great to have:
Work in a way that works for you
- Up to date with industry best practices for production-grade computer vision and machine learning systems
- Experience with delivery of analytics driven information solutions / SaaS
- Experience with Oil and Gas industry
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
- Working remotely - work from home, from the office in Boston, or any balance that helps you being productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical, dental and vision care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Generous 401K company match program, company stock purchasing plan and other financial benefits
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.