Vestmark is looking to add a Senior Systems Engineer to the Managed Services team. In this position, you will ensure that Vestmark delivers a high performing and reliable service. We are looking for a candidate who has software development, systems integrations and deployment experience and uses efficiency and automation in order to understand system infrastructure.
- Programming and scripting to facilitate integration between and within enterprise systems using Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) methodology
- Continue development on scripting and automation related to end to end infrastructure readiness, including deployment, validation and pre/post tasks
- Troubleshoot issues across the stack (hardware, network, firewall, applications, database, storage) and assist other system engineers to resolve advanced system issues
- Work collaboratively with Client Operations, Software Development, and Product teams to analyze and design infrastructure and solutions supporting our SaaS product
- Participate in a version control initiative to bring utility scripts into code review and up into the repository
- Participate in on-call rotation and be able to resolve critical system issues
Skills and Requirements:
- 4+ years experience in a production data center setting, Microsoft technologies (Windows Server 2016/12), and server virtualization using vmWare, hyper-scaling and/or cloud computing preferably AWS
- 2+ years of scripting experience (e.g. Powershell, Perl etc.) and MS SQL Server and SQL Performance Analysis
- 1+ year of experience with Desired State Configuration (DSC) technologies such as Puppet, Chef, Docker or Ansible
- Solid understanding of Networking and SAN principles
- Understanding of Java, Tomcat, JIRA, confluence, git, bitbucket, etc.
- Experience in infrastructure design and operations including load balancing app/db clustering, firewall rules, fail over, monitoring, diagnostics, and performance tuning, etc.
- Experience with Windows Server administration including Active Directory, Group Policy and IIS
- Experience with server and application monitoring tools (Logicmonitor, Appdynamics, Solarwinds Ignite etc)
- Experience developing collaboratively, including infrastructure as code (IaaC), and understanding of Configuration Management (CM)
- Working knowledge of AWS, Terraform, VPN tunneling, ACL's, and security around cloud computing
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git and Subversion
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
The Vestmark Managed Services Team is a small team dedicated to the daily operation of the Vestmark Data Center. The team is responsible for the design, provisioning, monitoring, and operations of hardware, networks, and databases to support the VestmarkONE SaaS Platform. The team offers a great opportunity to experience a wide range of technologies and challenges as we strive to provide world class hosted services to our growing customer base. Scalability, Security, and Disaster Recovery are the fundamental challenges the team takes on every day.