1. Role and Scope of Position:
- This position designs, develops, and maintains software for Gas SCADA and Remote Terminal Unit (RTUs) to ensure reliable operation. Implements RTU programming to support field projects. This position also participates in troubleshooting of the SCADA system. This position also requires evaluation and integration of the latest gas monitoring equipment and telecommunication options.
2. Essential Functions:
- Maintain and enhance SCADA system software and field RTU software.
- Maintain and enhance SCADA system hardware and field RTU hardware.
- Develop and revise SCADA pages, create system reports and maintain historical and real-time databases.
- Program and assist in the installation of all new and upgraded field RTUs and telecommunications.
- Troubleshooting of remote communications links (leased line, cellular modems, radio and fiber optic).
- Provide reports and operational data to various departments and/or agencies.
- Provide training and promote innovation and participation in system development among users.
- Provide technical support to the field instrument technicians.
3. Technical Knowledge/Skill/Education/Licenses/Certifications:
- Technical Knowledge/Skill: Required proficiency in C+ and other programing protocols. Experience with programing RTUs using Control Wave designer or similar. Experience with programing AVEVA SCADA software systems preferred. Preferred proficiency in Modbus serial/TCP-IP, BSAP, OPC, SQL Server, TCP-IP. Telecommunications such as serial, Ethernet and cellular wireless is also preferred.
- Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience: Minimum of 2-3 years related experience.
- Licenses & Certifications: Client will facilitate training as required
- Customer Focus Anticipating and working to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Flexibility Remaining open-minded when presented with new information and adjusting positively to change.
- Forward Thinking Anticipating and planning to deal with future events, problems and opportunities.
- Initiative Taking independent action and going beyond what the job or situation requires.
- Teamwork Facilitating cooperation within and across functions in order to achieve common goals.
5. Working Conditions:
- Work is performed both in an office environment and occasionally at field RTU sites. Working in an office environment requires sitting, standing, kneeling and general movement throughout the gas control and server areas. Field work at RTU sites requires proper clothing and requires applicable personal protective safety equipment such as a hard hat, steel toe shoes, safety vest, safety glasses and hearing protection.
6. Mental Aspects:
- Work includes significant analysis of system operating characteristics and diagnosis of system problems, as well as data comparison, data manipulation and report organization. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business decisions and results.
For more information please contact Shashank Govardhana at or
Since 1995, iTech Solutions Inc., has been providing IT Consulting and Direct Hire Services to the Insurance, Financial, Communications, Manufacturing and Government sectors with local offices in Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Massachusetts, Tennessee, North Carolina, and New Jersey / Pennsylvania area.
Our recruiting strategy is simple, if you want to find qualified IT professionals then use IT professionals to find them. So at iTech Solutions, our personnel are all career IT professionals with a wide range of IT experience. We can honestly say our staff understands the technologies, the complexities of finding and selecting the appropriate personnel and the pressures of running successful IT projects. Employer will not sponsor applicants for any employment visas, at hiring or in the future, including but not limited to H-1B visas. Corp-to-Corp or subcontract personnel will not be considered for this position.