Piper Companies is seeking a senior level digital forensics and incident response practitioner for the role of Director of IR
for a firm based out of New York, New York. The Director of IR
will be responsible for the hands-on leadership of priority engagements, managing a team of forensics investigators, and play a role as a client-facing SME in all areas of DFIR. This is a fully remote opportunity. Responsibilities of the Director Of IR include:
Qualifications for the Director of IR include:
- Doing hands-on forensics analysis, including RCA via multiple tools, and leading high priority engagements.
- Managing and mentoring jr. forensics investigators, introducing them to IR and ensuring their growth within the organization.
- Meeting with clients to advise on status of investigations, findings, and developing methodologies and practices to prevent future breaches.
- Prepare findings for submittal to clients, along with advisory
Compensation for the Director of IR include:
- 7+ years working specifically in Digital Forensics and Incident Response
- Mastery of forensics tools such as Encase and FTK, with a true expertise in RCA
- Experience with Ransomware attacks
- Ability to do both live and dead box forensics, with familiarity in analyzing different types of devices
- Extreme familiarity with endpoint detection, brute-force attacks, and log analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and teammates alike
- Preferred Certifications: GREM, CISSP, GCIH, GCFA, GNFA, GCFE
- The ability to work remotely, but in a "team" environment.
- A true passion for forensics and IR work. If you're not texting or tweeting about it at midnight, this isn't your gig.
- Salary Range: $175,000 - 200,000
- Full benefits
Keywords: encase, SANS, ftk, brute force, cyber, incident, response, breach, investigation, analysis, log, endpoint, detection, remediation, ransomware, dfir, malware, network, host, live box, dead box