Hardware Engineer II Sunnyvale CA 3 Months (possible extension for another 12 Months)
Hands on involvement in a lab with the wares to do system validation and testing. Cross functional role interacting a system doubling team, production teams and IP development teams.
The candidate will be dealing with testing and validation hardware. software interacts with firmware devices during the testing process ** someone who has has chip or semi conductors experience: intel or tech companies who work solely on chips or semiconductors
Top 3 must-have HARD skills:
Good to have skills:
• Analyze information to determine plan layout, including type of computers and peripheral equipment modifications.
• Assemble and modify existing pieces of equipment to meet special needs.
• Build, test, and modify product prototypes using working models or theoretical models constructed with computer simulation.
• Evaluate factors such as reporting formats required, cost constraints, and need for security restrictions to determine hardware configuration.
• Monitor functioning of equipment and make necessary modifications to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications.
• Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
• Team player and detail oriented.
• Basic knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
• Basic knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control and operation of telecommunications systems.
• Basic knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
• Basic knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
• Previous experience with computer applications and design software related to engineering field.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering required.