Philadelphia, PA Description:
Our client is currently seeking a IT Support Tech. Below I have put some information on the role. Don't hesitate to reach out with your interest!Description:
The ideal candidate will assist Technology with technical support of desktop computers, servers, network, applications, and related technology used to operate the television station. Support includes specification, installation, and repair of computer systems and peripherals within established Enterprise Technology standards and guidelines. The position provides one-on-one consultancy to end users as required. The employee in this position also assists in the maintenance and testing of network, servers and associated equipment. The position's responsibilities require independent analyses, effective communication and problem solving skills. Collaborate closely with Broadcast Engineering providing technical support and oversight of converged platforms. Work is performed with little supervision, requires initiative and good judgment. Other duties assigned as deemed appropriate and necessary. Schedules are subject to change - candidates must be able to work late hours, overnight, weekends as needed. Key responsibilities:
- Includes the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop and laptop computers, mobile devices, applications, and related technology within established FTS standards and guidelines.
- Support a user base of approximately 175 employees.
- Recommend and perform hardware and software upgrades on systems to ensure security, reliability, performance and longevity.
- Ensure systems interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems and Active Directory resources.
- Deploy new or upgraded technologies as required.
- Maintain hardware/software inventories for all managed technologies.
- Support the stations VMware virtual environment
- Act as station's Technology Manager backup and assist with maintaining station's infrastructure.
- This includes but is not limited to technical support of the stations servers on the "Primary Active Directory domain" and Broadcast environments.
- Activities will require interaction with other members of the Enterprise Technology team, Station group and vendors to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems.
- All work performed requires initiative, good judgment and must be able to resolve issues and isolate faults methodically.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of technical documents used for planning and support of local servers and networks.
- Must be able to follow defined procedure and processes and to deal with frequent change, and unexpected events.
- Exhibit sound and accurate judgment and logical reasoning. Must have the ability to learn quickly.
- Experience working with the following technologies is required: oNetworking: Basic IP networking and troubleshooting.
- OS: VMware, MS/Windows Server 2012 (and greater) and MS Windows 10.
- Hardware Platforms: HP Desktop, HPE ProLiant Servers, Tablets and Smartphones, Cisco Switches.
- Applications/Software: MS Office, Veeam, BackupExec, Ghost (or equivalent), OKTA, AWS workstations, CrowdStrike, ServiceNow, Tanium.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com