Location: Columbus, OH
Employment: Full time/ W2/ 1099
Knowledge: Sound understanding of the Nationwide business. Knowledge of the Solution Delivery Framework and Methodology. Familiarity with development methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, or Rational Unified Process (RUP). Knowledge in one or more technical areas that support application development, applications, or infrastructure components. Industry certification is preferred.
Experience: Four to six years of experience in related IT profession. One year of experience in project management is preferred.
Skills: Demonstrated capability in the following skills as they relate to the IT Analysis profession: Conceptual design, User-centered design, end-to-end experience design, Interaction design, Information architecture, Workflow analysis, Visual & page design, Rapid prototyping, User research & validation, Usability, Contextual inquiry/analysis, test script creation/implementation. Complete understanding and demonstrated competence in the following skills: business acumen, workforce planning & management, ESDm, Low Level Test Strategy implementation. use of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies & tools, requirements specification, static testing, traceability, and Test Strategy creation/implementation.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepares detailed specifications, requirements, scope documents and logic flowcharts for the development and implementation of complex application programs and modifications.
2. Conducts quality-control tests and analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements. Ensures complex project requirements are executable, testable, complete and not ambiguous.
3. Analyzes complex systems requirements, existing business processes, and information systems and develops cost-effective information technology solutions.
4. Analyzes complex application systems issues and provides technical solutions.
5. Validates complex requirements, including functional validation and traceability and consensus building.
6. Tests and analyzes each component/phase of the systems development life cycle including the project requirements, design and programs. Develops complex test strategies.
7. Executes complex tests according to established plans and scripts, documents and communicates results. Collaborates with developers and/or end users to determine appropriate solutions. Retests corrections to ensure problems are resolved.
8. Leads in the development, implementation and maintenance of test data files with valid and invalid records to thoroughly test program logic and verify system flow.
9. Performs complex activities related to User-Centered Design Analysis including the following: Conceptual Design, including UCD and end-to-end experience design; Interaction Design, including Information architecture and workflow analysis; Visual Design, including page design and rapid prototyping.
10. Performs moderately complex user research and validation, including usability testing and contextual inquiry/analysis.Performs other duties as assigned