Title: Powertrain Release Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Description: STG is a fast-growing Digital Transformation services company providing Fortune 500 companies with Digital Transformation, Mobility, Analytics and Cloud Integration services in both information technology and engineering product lines. STG has a 98% repeat business rate from existing clients and have achieved industry awards and recognition for our services. Crain’s Detroit Business named STG to Michigan’s Fastest Growing Companies list in both 2020 and 2019, Top IT Services Company’s List in 2020, 2019, 2018, and Top Minority Business Enterprise List in 2020, 2019, and 2019.
STG puts company CULTURE at the forefront of every business decision and employees are EMPOWERED and MEASURED for RESULTS. Both TEAMWORK and INDIVIDUAL Performance is recognized and rewarded.
This is a full-time position that includes responsibilities of Powertrain Release Engineer.
The right person for this position will have high energy, a positive attitude, and a high attention to detail, and an unwavering commitment to teamwork.
The Product Development Engineer – Circular Economy Powertrain, manages the ideation and innovation phases of Circular Economy revenue opportunities and brings these opportunities to fruition. Opportunities are the 4 R’s - remanufacturing, recycle, re-use and repair. Once feasibility and profitability is approved, the engineer also manages the development and release of these programs, with a focus on remanufacturing opportunities. Selected candidate will track development and releases through the multiple departments to ensure parts are placed on shelf or sourcing of a particular program to a 3rd party supplier within agreed upon time schedules. This position requires a team player with excellent interpersonal skills able to work in a dynamic cross-functional team.
- Develop project objectives and plans by providing input specific to product/process design requirements, project elements, and project scheduling.
- Determine product specifications by studying product design, requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Identify and implement (internally or at supplier) new and emerging technologies, equipment, and competencies required to support the portfolio growth.
- Understand engineering aspects of past-model parts, such as design, specifications, and materials, in order to release remanufactured parts without affecting original design intent.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of remanufacturing or repair experience in powertrains or hybrid drive system components.
- Powertrain plant manufacturing experience in transmission, or hybrid drive systems.
- Transmission, hybrid drive systems or product development.
- 5 years of remanufacturing or repair experience in powertrains or hybrid drive system components.
- Experience managing several simultaneous projects and ensure resources are allocated appropriately to meet timing.
- General understanding of finance. Profit & loss, business case, ROI.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Ability to interpret Engineering Drawings (GD&T Knowledge preferred but not required).
- Knowledgeable in Teamcenter & NX.
- Travel required to supplier sites or manufacturing facilities.
Resume Submittal Instructions: Interested/qualified candidates should email their word formatted resumes to Ms. Rama Narayanan at rama.narayanan(@)stgit.com and/or contact her at 248.712.6731. In the subject line of the email please include: First and Last Name – Powertrain Release Engineer
For more information about STG, please visit us at www.stgit.com.