1 Howard St, Burlington, VT, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level:
Day JobRequisition Number:
202000592 Our Teams:
At Dealer.com, we offer the chance to do your best work and lead the digital revolution of the auto industry with gusto. Our Engineering professionals are energetic influencers who have built a world-class software platform, for auto dealers, from the ground up. Collaboration is woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons to sprint reviews and scrum teams, you'll be immersed in an environment that nurtures individualism, creative problem solving, and intellect. Job Summary:
As a Software Engineer I on the Marketing and Advertising Release Train, you will work in a collaborative agile team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, and challenges you to engineer elegant solutions for complex business challenges. You will be applying your knowledge of object-oriented design with appropriate use of best practices, design patterns, and frameworks, with an understanding of application performance and maintainability.
Java, Spring, Maven, AWS (EC2, Lambda, S3, CloudFront, CloudWatch), Terraform, Active MQ, NewRelic/DataDog/SumoLogic, Cucumber, REST/gRPC, Hibernate, MySQL, Git, TeamCity/Jenkins Apache Airflow Your Role:
Qualifications: Required Experience:
- Develop integrations with our Advertising partners like Google, YouTube, Facebook and Bing
- Work on systems responsible for managing 70% of our Advertising revenue
- Leverage AWS technologies for cloud-based solutions
- Design and build service-oriented architecture solutions, constructing and managing services published to both internal and external consumers, integrating with complex database and third-party components
- Learn and leverage the automotive digital advertising domain to change the way the world buys cars
What We Look For:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field. Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus
- Experience designing and implementing applications with highly optimized and scalable architectures
- Proven ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction
- Strong Java skills and object-oriented design experience, including working knowledge of the Java web technology platform, applied use of design patterns, and MVC technologies
- Strong database development skills including a solid understanding of database technologies, and logical and physical data modeling
- Experience implementing automated unit tests
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies desired
- Knowledge of digital advertising is a plus
Who We Are About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.