GM Financial is seeking an experienced, passionate and creative Software Development Engineer to join our Servicing software solutions team! You will contribute in all areas of development as a member of an Agile Scrum team. We expect you to have areas of strength and some level of specialization, but most importantly, you must be adept at learning tools and languages to participate in all areas of product development. Being adaptable and knowledgeable in multiple domains will allow you to swarm with other team members to meet commitments. Responsibilities JOB DUTIES
- The SDE works under limited or no supervisory guidance and consistently delivers on commitments. The SDE is expected to demonstrate excellence in the software development practices performed by Scrum teams:
- Develops modern solutions applying industry best practices and technologies
- Invests in learning and experimentation to improve product quality
- Contributes to test automation and leverages pipeline automation for building, testing, and deploying software packages
- Participates in peer reviews to increase product quality.
- Maintains a production-first mindset focused on scale, uptime, and ability to rapidly triage/resolve production issues
- Promotes Agile practice to continuously improve product quality, time to market, and team member happiness
Software development expertise in one or more high level programming languages.
- Data and query analysis and optimization to deliver scalable, performant products and services.
- Proficient at designing, building, and optimizing automated pipelines with automated testing and automated security controls.
- Experience working in Agile Scrum teams, suggesting and contributing to improvements (getting better/faster/happier)
- Demonstrates software development excellence (software is simple, understandable, reusable, and secure)
- Troubleshoots complex problems and works across teams to meet commitments
- Drives adoption of best practices; cultivates innovation and learning
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and writing skills.
- The SDE will have knowledge of or expertise in the following technologies.
- High level programming languages: C#, .NET MVC and .NET Core
- Experience working in Microsoft Azure
- Pipeline Automation: Azure DevOps, CI/CD
- Source Code repos: Git
- Design practices/frameworks such as MVC, MVVM, SOLID, 12 Factor etc.
- Test Automation: Selenium, nUnit
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work or military experience preferred
- 3-5 years of experience required
- Normal office environment subject to stressful situations
- Limited travel may be required to support business needs
- Flexible schedule with possibility of working long hours including weekends/holidays, occasional overtime or split shifts may be required