The Production Support Specialist will be responsible for L2 (level 2) support for all core investment infrastructure, applications, services, and workload automation processes with BNYM-s Asset Management Technology group. The individual would need to have multiple skillsets oriented in both production services and DEVOPS methodologies working towards ensuring application functionality and reliability are aligned with the businesses needs. Must be able to work in a medium sized team with other application support, IT developers and business analysts. Must understand corporate monitoring tools as well as incident, problem and change management practices.
Primary daily duties include:
• Production Support of applications and infrastructure to support Investment Management and Middle Office lines of business.
• Support release management using change management methodology
• Provide L2 troubleshooting for issues related to IT infrastructure and automated business processes
• Incident management, wellness checks and regular application maintenance
• Use of monitoring tools such as AppDyanmics, Moogsoft AIOPS, Cloud Prober, GIT and Service Now for daily activities in troubleshooting and performance analysis
• Development, maintenance and support of workflows using workload automation tools in order to automate business processes.
• Participate in weekly team meetings
• Work with team members such as BA-s, Developers, and DBA-s on strategic projects related to process automation and technology infrastructure
• Understand standard suite of software used in investment management enterprise and be able to provide support to staff
• Must be able to work off hours, on-call shifts, weekends for L2 production support rotation with other team members
Performs complex troubleshooting as a subject matter expert in one or more applications. Works to ensure appropriate monitoring and alerting setup. Works on root cause analysis and problem management to address underlying technical issues. Collaborates with business and application development stakeholders. Monitors changes to applications and their operating environment. Analyzes any complex issues. Recommends technical solutions on application problems. Reviews and develops updates of contingency documentation and processes. Reviews and analyzes product migrations through all systems environments. May review and execute Change Management scripts. Contributes to incident resolution for high priority incidents. May mentor or provide guidance for junior team members. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives
Strong analytical/troubleshooting ability, technical experience, and motivation to learn to assist experienced IT professionals. Applicant should have strong foundation in computer technologies a degree in a computer related discipline (computer science or computer engineering). Technical background includes Windows Client/Server, Linux Server and related technologies. Candidate should have some experience with problem management or collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence, GIT and Service Now. Thorough knowledge of Microsoft stack, SQL Server, Oracle, and web server technologies (IIS and Apache Tomcat). Must have some experience in process workload automation or some programming or scripting skillset (SQL or Windows Powershell). Ideal candidate would have a background in DevOps methodologies to be able to develop and support CD/CI projects. Exposure to cloud compute platforms is a plus. Must have excellent communication and organizational skills and have a production support discipline to support rigorous demands to support 24x7 business operations.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree is beneficial. 6-8 years of diverse experience in information technology required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus