Job#: 1266911 Job Description: FTE Database Developer / Administrator
This role would be a mostly hybrid role (about 80-90% WFH) so you would need to sit onsite in Bend, OR about 4-5 days each month.
For more information, email Jay Nelson at JOB SUMMARY:
The Database Developer / Administrator (DBDA) will design and develop database applications that meet organizational requirements. May build or assist in the building of interfaces and business applications to integrate databases with other applications. The DBDA will also support the installation, configuration, administration and maintenance of all Microsoft SQL databases. Will serve as the primary evaluator and planner regarding capacity, database security, disaster recovery and maintenance protocols. The DBDA Will lead the organization in the transition from legacy SQL platforms to more current and supported versions. Serves as the primary resource for data extracts, data management, and queries as needed to support the organizations reporting and analytics needs. ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Other duties may be assignedThis position requires regular, reliable attendance. This position requires a high level of attention to detail and accuracy, as the consequences of even a minor mistake can be significant for patients and providers.
- The candidate will be responsible for working tickets, monitoring the database environment, and developing data warehousing techniques of the PHI for clinical and management reporting systems.
- Creates and maintains reports and dashboards to track and measure organizational performance metrics.
- Must have the ability to work cohesively with others, willingly shares knowledge and experience to teach and assist other members of the IT team.
- Creates and maintains IT support and process documentation.
- Strong understanding of MS SQL, to include always on, high availability, clustering, replication, encryption, backup, restoration and configuration techniques and concepts.
- Experience with reporting and visualization tools i.e Tableau and PowerBI,
- Comprehensive understanding of ETL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, OLAP, OLTP and TSQL (scripting, stored procedures, triggers, query development)
- Expertise in data level security and user access controls.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies.
- Healthcare experience is strongly preferred.
- Healthcare requires 24x7x365 support and potential exists to work outside of routine weekday business hours.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at