Title: IT Project Manager
Location: New Haven CT Area and Remote
Duration: 6-12 months (Possibility of Extension)
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. This includes acquiring and managing resources and coordinating the efforts of team members, business stakeholders, and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan, and within defined timelines and budget.
The Senior Project Manager will direct multiple complex projects involving one or more project teams utilizing Agile, Waterfall, Iterative, or Hybrid methodologies. They are responsible for the adoption and adaption of project management methodologies based on the context of the project and selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. The project manager will also define the project's objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle. Responsible for preparing and communicating status reports on the health of the project. Core Responsibilities
- Define, document and successfully complete complex projects (typically with significant business, political or high-profile impact, and high-risk dependencies).
- Adopt and adapt project management methods and tools, selecting appropriately from plan-driven/predictive approaches or more adaptive (iterative and agile) approaches.
- Ensure that effective project control, change control, risk management, design, development, and testing processes are maintained.
- Monitor and control resources, revenue and capital costs against the project budget, and manage expectations of all project stakeholders.
- Align project objectives with company goals, and make sure project team is clear on objectives.
- Work with Solution Managers to staff initiatives with appropriate skill sets.
- Communicate project status, progress and issues effectively and appropriately, including periodic report creation and distribution.
- Drive vendor selection activities, using established RFP process. May be assigned Statement of Work (SOW) activities as appropriate.
- Provide ongoing facilitation and coaching that enables the team to excel at Agile development.
- Manage sprint velocity-related metrics and goals.
- Run scrum ceremonies, e.g., daily huddles, backlog grooming, sprint planning and sprint retrospectives to actively manage risks and external dependencies.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution while promoting joint accountability for results and problem solving.
- Assist Product Owners to shape the product road-map and vision.
- Work multiple projects simultaneously.
- On-Call and/or after-hours work required.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at - www.consultnet.com