Cohesive Technologies is a global IT Services & Solutions company providing IT Staffing Services and Application Development Services necessary for technology leaders to deliver business value. We help our people and clients succeed by leveraging our expertise, deep industry and market knowledge, proprietary assessment tools and techniques, and project delivery methodologies. Through relationships with thousands of specialized professionals, we bring an unparalleled ability to match talent with opportunities by assessing, recruiting, developing and engaging the best and brightest people for our clients. We combine broad geographic presence, world-class solutions and a tailored, consultative approach to help our people and clients achieve higher performance and outstanding results.
Position Title : Site Reliability Engineer
Location : Houston, TX
Duration : Long-term
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain and improve services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, resource usage and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Gauges the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and infrastructure; implements strategies for improving.
- Collaborates with network and security staff to ensure smooth, secure and reliable operation of application software and systems
- Develops, implements and documents best practice policies and procedures for new projects or initiatives
- Effectively uses the service management systems, ensuring that best practices and lessons learned are made available to wider technical community
- Engaged in incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art computer technology, equipment, and systems; participates in professional development activities as appropriate
- Support for SRE tooling such as: Rundeck, Pagerduty, Stackdriver, PAM access (cyber Ark), Operational Readiness (Internal process), DR/Incident Drills, Incident reports, Cost Dashboards, Billing exports, AgoraCore SLI Dashboards, certificates etc.
- Standard incident response and postmortems.
Linux, Bash command and scripting, Networking, Python 3
Previous Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in IT related discipline
- Strong computer literacy with aptitude and readiness for multidiscipline training
- 4 6 years seniority (Senior and Hands on)
- Strong in Software Engineering.
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Good to have: Azure IoT Edge, Azure Cloud.
- Fosters and maintains excellent internal, client and third-party relationships
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Adaptable and willing to learn new technologies; keeps abreast of key developments in relevant technologies
- Able to work under pressure
- Excellent oral, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Practices effective listening techniques
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Effectively analyzes and solves problems with attention to the root cause
Skills Required: Site reliability, Linux, Bash, Scripting, Python, Networking, Docker, Rundeck, Pagerduty, Stackdriver, SRE Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, DevOps Engineer
Referral Program: Ask our recruiting team about how you can be a part of our referral program. If you refer a candidate with the desired qualifications and your candidate accepts the role, you can earn a generous referral fee. We want to hire the best talent available and are committed to building great teams and partnerships.
Cohesive Technologies is an equal access/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.