A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion (about $15.6 billion USD at 2018 average rate).
Visit us at . People matter, results count.
Title: Java and Python Developer
Location: Stamford, CT
Type: Full Time
- Java and Python development experience
- AWS Platform
- We are seeking a Full stack Lead with a strong experience in Python, Java & AWS. In this role you will be supporting a Tech stack that includes:
- AWS services such as Ec2,VPC, S3, RDS, Kinesis,
- Programming in Java, Python, CherryPy, Android Java, Java script, Objective C,
- Data store/ Caching services such as MYSQL(SQL), Casandra(NOSQL), MemCache,
- Web server/ Gateway such as Apache HTTPD, WSGI
- APM/DevOps tools such Git, BitBucket, NewRelic, Jenkins (Managing pipelines & batch jobs)to help deliver critical Application support (APIs and Batch Jobs) for the company. You will also be responsible to maintain platform efficiency and resiliency through automation.
- 6-7 years prior Web/Mobile application development experience (Primary)
- 3-4 years of Python experience in an enterprise application environment (Primary)
- 4-5 years of Application Development experience in Java and Java frameworks (Primary)
- 2+ year of experience with Amazon Web Services
- Strong knowledge of Web-Services, ability to implement REST and SOAP web-services from scratch
- Familiarity with major CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, test frameworks, etc)
- Demonstrated experience with large scale application integration efforts
- Broad knowledge & experience in systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (New relic, , Splunk, etc.)
- Ability to influence multiple levels on highly technical issues and challenges
- Facilitate testing and deployment of software and infrastructure artefacts through client's CI/CD Pipelines
- Formal Certifications in AWS is plus
- Take up on-call support
- Preferably have experience in Credit Card Domain or Banking domain
- Knowledge of entire SDLC (covering Development & Support) is desirable. Preferable with Agile methodology
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
What we offer:
- Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
- We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
- With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
- Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
- Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
- Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
- Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant -
- Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.