The PMO Manager is responsible for project planning, analysis, documenting requirements, defining project scope, developing a project schedule, integrating and identifying appropriate resources, performing quality review, testing, tracking project milestones, and verifying results. This position is responsible for developing long-range strategic plans, policies, goals, requests for proposals, and budgets for Denton County technology projects. The PMO Manager coordinates communication with all areas impacted by the project to help create and foster IT solutions. The PMO Manager is required to provide excellent customer service, resolve problems in a timely manner, communicate effectively, and be a positive contributor to the Denton County Technology Services Team.
Examples of Duties
• Coordinates project activities, prioritizes and monitors projects, and communicates with all entities involved in the project. Holds kick-off and project meetings with customers.
• Identifies needs and priorities, gathers documents, analyzes current business processes and project requirements, and provides department recommendations.
• Determines resource availability prior to and throughout the duration of a project.
• Establishes practices, templates, policies, tools, and partnerships to expand and mature project management capabilities within the Technology Services department.
• Facilitates department-wide portfolio management by developing, updating, and executing internal governance communication strategies and tactics.
• Creates and adjusts project schedules, as necessary.
• Manages milestones and team tasks to ensure every project is completed on time and within budget. Develops, maintains, and communicates project plans and schedules and prioritizes requirements.
• Develops standard project methodology for all projects.
• Analyzes current business processes and project requirements and provides recommendations to departments.
• Act as a liaison with County business units.
• Provides project management tool training to end-users.
• Develops goals and long-range strategic plans for Denton County technology projects.
• Develops and maintains project dashboards for internal and external audiences. Compiles and submits a weekly report to the CIO and Deputy CIO.
• Assists the Technology Project Manager responsible for construction projects as necessary.
• Follows county policies and best practices related to information security; exercises good judgment to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Denton County computer systems and electronic records; supports compliance with CJIS, HIPAA, and other information security regulations.
• Champions the desired organizational behavior as defined in the department’s mission, vision, and values.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of four years of experience in a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and related experience required.
• Possession of a valid driver's license is required. Must obtain a valid Texas driver's license within 90 days of employment.
• Must not have any Class B misdemeanor or higher convictions or deferred adjudications.
• Experience with Planview PPM Pro and LeanKit preferred.
• CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management) or PMP (Project Management Professional) certification is preferred.