A mid-sized software development and consulting firm is currently hiring nationwide for 100% remote Java software engineers ranging from mid-level to lead. You'll work with a team to build new applications, used by many Fortune 500 clients. This is a high transaction environment. Backend and Fullstack Java engineers should apply. Solid Java fundamentals are a must, as well as RESTful API development. Given this team is client-facing, strong communication to interface with end clients, stakeholders, and users is critical as well.
If you're looking for a challenging and career-building opportunity like this, please apply today.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development
- Java 8 or higher
- Work with Spring or other modern web framework
- API development from scratch - REST, microservices, Spring Boot, etc.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Unit tests and knowledge of tools like JUnit, Jmock, TestNG, etc.
- Some experience and/or knowledge of public cloud environments (AWS most preferred)
- Modern SDLC knowledge and work in a collaborative Agile environment
- Excellent communication - oral and written
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or other highly technical/math-driven field
- Knowledge CI/CD tools
- Event driven architectures
- Working experience with Docker containers
- Prior work in high end tech consulting, SaaS, and/or consumer-facing applications
- Experience building greenfield applications and/or legacy upgrades
- Apache toolsets for messaging and big data like Kafka, Spark, Flink, etc.
- For lead level positions prior experience with application architecture and/or team lead duties is preferred
What You Will Be Doing
- Depends on role and project. Can focus in either 100% backend or a split with client-side work as well
- Competitive Base Salary: Up to $150,000/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance with affordable premiums
- Supplemental insurances - vision, dental, disability, and life
- 401(k) with employer match
- 100% remote indefinitely
- Uncapped accrued PTO with 19 days, 7 holidays, and cash out options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.