- Our East region has a need for a resident Consultant to support our customer in New York, NY. This will be a 6 month residency. Customer background is required along with drug test & fingerprinting.
- Technical Skills Required: NetApp Suite of products, ONTAP Expertise, Scripting various languages, Linux/Unix, Python, Expert Consulting skills (responsible for assimilating, testing and evaulating new technologies).
- A seasoned storage Consultant must be able to work in cross-functional environments and interact with representatives from NetApp, and our end-clients. Will be work at client sites consulting and executing various Consulting/Engineering initiatives from administration, configuration, deployments, migrations, testing, certification and documenting new technologies, supporting storage environments, and more.
- Ability to understand and convey customer needs and your recommendations to other storage professionals
- Translating requirements into technical and systems specifications, configurations
- Providing technical analysis to ensure solutions are operationally sound
- Expert technical capabilities with an array of NetApp Suite of Products, Third Party Applications & Tools, SAN, NAS, EMC, Cisco, Nexus, & Linux
- Performing complex technical work which will include administration, configuration, deployments, proof of concepts, documentation, and working with infrastructure (storage, network and servers) in some technical capacity.
- Experience working on projects for data migration, storage monitoring, and/or new application deployment initiatives
- Experience in working knowledge of storage, cloud, infrastructure, and enterprise operation systems environments
- Experience in security engineering for storage systems
- Provide various levels of 1st, 2nd and 3rd tier support
- Strong Problem Solving & Analytical Skills
- Present technical solutions and ideas to Engineering and Operations teams
- Ability to run and document testing completed on NetApp hardware & Software suites
- Experience with fast paced Global financials customers
- Thorough knowledge of Unix and Windows operating systems
- Understanding of NIS, DFS, CIFS, NFS and AD concepts
- Experience in storage capacity planning & storage monitoring
- Familiar with NetApp tools, such as HWU, SmartSolve, AIUM and OCI
- Fully document technical solutions to include, logical and physical system diagrams, data flow diagrams, test plans, and as-built diagrams.
Skill set familiarity:
NetApp Technologies: C-DOT, ONTAP, 7Mode, MetroCluster, OnCommand, Python/Powershell, Storage Products, Perl, Unix, HP, EMC, Cisco, AWS, Cloud, DevOps
A “go getter” mentality – no sitting idle
Good written, oral and client facing communication skills
Must have experience working in skilled diverse technical teams
Must be able to create and present Technical information with both account teams and customers… comfort with leading a conversation
Customer affinity and the ability to build relationships across multiple levels…this person needs to become a trusted advisor