Director Product ManagementLocation: Remote, US
The Director of Product Management directs, establishes, maintains, and plans the overall direction and goals for assigned solution sets or product divisions. They drive product roadmap and backlog activities while owning and enforcing profit and loss responsibilities for a multi-million dollar solution set.
The Director Product Management coordinates and negotiates product issues with the engineering, operations, marketing, training and sales groups while interacting with sales, development, training and product marketing to define requirements, and directing interaction with engineering and solutions management on product development activities.
They define the requirements and manage the product development process by translating user testing and customer support feedback into feature/function requirements.
The Director Product Management manages a group of product development employees, and will rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.As a Director Product Management, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Identify, pursue, and maintain key relationships with targeted strategic partners.
- Drive the business. Maximize revenue and margin growth by identifying new business opportunities.
- Own Product/Solution P&L holistically for the assigned solution set(s).
- Definition & coordination of "whole" solution. This includes the definition of the products and features.
- Develop product roadmaps, and manage cross solution backlog of stories and requirements.
- Prioritize creation of company solutions against business needs and market demand.
- Obtain relevant customer and market data to guide and validate company direction on product development.
- Direct the efforts of product managers to document, and communicate new product development and product improvement projects with accompanying concepts, use cases, requirements, and project plans.
- Work with multiple departments to help them understand product requirements and market needs and facilitate cooperation to complete projects related to assigned product line.
- Train solution managers to follow best practices and processes established for developing new products and product improvements.
- Proactively work with sales to assist with sales opportunities.
- Day to day management, coordination, and delivery of projects related to assigned product lines.
- Regularly report Performance Metrics relevant to assigned products.
- Travel to customer sites to understand needs and unfulfilled expectations & delighters.
- Attend trade shows; participate in panel discussions & presentations to represent inContact as industry experts and thought leaders in our space.
- Provide leadership to individuals on team(s) through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management.
- Prioritize, assign and manage department activities and projects in accordance with the Operations department's goals and objectives. Adjust hours of work, priorities and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation, based on workload.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring and firing for the department.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Marketing, or similar field or equivalent work experience required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Experience in Workforce Optimization (WFO) / Workforce Engagement Management (WEM) solutions preferred.
- 12+ years of product management experience with formal product management techniques, tools, and principles involved in planning and delivering new software products and services.
- Requires in-depth knowledge in and experience with agile & SCRUM development methodologies.
- Experience with P&L accountability
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills in English including vocabulary, spelling, composition, and grammar.
- Requires ability to read and understanding technical information well enough to convey in original written communications to multiple audiences.
- Requires ability to personally interact with technical resources and listen carefully, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions where appropriate.
- Requires excellent skills with specialized computer software for drafting and producing documents and diagrams
- Experience managing one's own time and balancing many different projects simultaneously.
- Experience with telecommunications, software development, networking, hosted applications, or other similar technical products
- Experience with a SaaS product set.
- People leadership experience.
CXone makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to create stand-out customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. CXone continuously innovates and is the only provider to offer a complete customer interaction platform in the cloud that is flexible, scalable and reliable for enterprise, small business, government and business process outsourcers. CXone is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.