Currently, we are looking for talented resources for one of our listed clients. If interested please reply to me with your updated resume or feel free to reach out to me for more details at .
Title: Project Manager- Cost Controls
Location: Jefferson, WI / Clinton, IA
Duration: 18 months
- As a project manager over cost controls, you will work closely with a Project Manager to ensure the proper budget controls are in place on a multi-million-dollar capital investment project at one of Client petfood manufacturing factories.
- This includes full life cycle support from project set up to project close out.
- The project cost controller is responsible for tracking budget line items at the detailed Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) level, monitoring actuals costs against the budget line items, and assisting with estimates to complete at the WBS level.
- This extends into forecasting cash flow by month based on the detail buildup of purchase order delivery schedules, labor resource plans, internal cross charges, etc.
- Additionally, you will work with the field team to validate construction percent completes through a physical review of the construction site.
- You will also work closely with scheduling, to connect cost and schedule.
- Additional support includes Earned Value Management (EVM), detailed invoice reviews (audits), and purchase order maintenance.
- The project cost controller will also be responsible for ensuring that the project team is following Change Management procedures, and that the proper documentation is completed related to contract change orders.
- This role is essentially the liaison between Engineering and Finance to develop and enforce project controls.
- Project set up in IMT (Client Investment Management Tool)
- Review/audit projects prior to submittal
- Drive to a standard WBS framework
- Manage and maintain Excel based cost report tool (supplemental to IMT)
- Detailed review of actuals, commitments, and to-go costs
- Monthly cash flow forecast
- Accruals and journal entries
- Budget Adjustment Log compliance
- Confirm that budget changes reconcile to SAP, IMT, and cost reports
- Compliance with general Project Management (PM) processes and procedures
- Ensure teams are checking for "Budget Assurance" before submitting requisitions
- Audit/oversight of all other Client workflows and processes related to the project
- Customer Application for Payment (CAP) sheet compliance
- Project Auditing
- Review accounting classifications including capital, special charges, factory expense
- Audit Projects for compliance with Client process/procedures/Ways of Working
- Integrated Project Scheduling
- Serve as the link between departments to ensure project tracking is setup correctly between project scheduling teams, cost pillars for EVM/QIS/burn rates
- IMT and Departmental Dashboards/ Reporting support
- Minimum 5 years in the corresponding technical field, preferably in the food manufacturing or consumer goods industry.
- Proven track record in delivering Engineering Projects with cross Functional teams.
- SAP knowledge is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail and the ability to handle large volume of data
- Ability to summarize financials for leadership
- BS degree in an engineering field preferred