Apex Systems is Looking for Network Sustainment/Design Engineers in the Colorado Springs, CO area. If you are interested, and fit the qualifications below, please send an updated resume to Victoria at email@example.comPosition
: Network Design Engineer Location
: Colorado Springs, CO Certification
: CompTIA Sec+ REQUIRED Clearance
: Active Secret Pay Rate:
: Long-term, Full-time role Experience:
10 years of Networking experienceTechnical Skill Required:
- Firewall design required, preferably with McAfee Sidewinder or Juniper firewalls highly desired.
- Experience with network security capabilities such as SYSLOG NG, IBM Proventia Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), web proxy and ArcSight. Certifications in the industry vendors Juniper (JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP) components required, Cisco (CCNA, CCNP).
- Understanding of network communication protocols and network routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP) and IP network troubleshooting.
- Experience in UDP multicast, SONET, MSPP, ATM, VLANs, GRE Tunnels, and TCP/IP network designs. Previous experience with BTG a plus.
- Candidate shall develop technical documents and assist in the preparation of risk analysis and provide programmatic and technical insight for the upgrade to the BCN Teleport Gateway (BTG) solutions for JREAP Appendix C data link connectivity requirements
- Candidate shall provide development/ integration engineering support to users in the Army and Air Force communities for BCN Theater Interface Nodes (BTINs) and BCN Monitoring Interface Nodes (BMINs) which MDA has provided to THAAD and Patriot missile batteries and AOCs
- Candidate will be responsible for integrating, sustaining, and operating the networks for Spiral 8.2 development network
- Individual must be able to clearly articulate network interface issues with various government and contractor external agencies.
- Knowledge, skill sets or experience using protocol analyzers/sniffers (such as Wireshark, OPNET ACElive & ITGuru) is a plus
- Experience in DoD authentication & encryption methods/capabilities (Taclanes, TACACS+, RADIUS, Active Directory, GEM-X) is a plus
Experience in Network Management Systems (HP, NeuralStar or Solarwinds NPM/NCM) or NAS/SAN technologies (NetApp, Sun, or Gigastore) is a plus
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org