Senior Data Scientist - Supply Chain & Operations - REMOTECome Make the World With Us
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.
Stanley Black and Decker (SBD) is committed to deep and ongoing investment in Data & Analytics capability. SBD believes that advanced analytics using massive data, while already important to our business, will increasingly become fundamental - even transformational - to the value we deliver to our customers and shareholders. Our data scientists have a chance to use cutting edge AI and machine learning tools, explore many internal and external data sets and work closely with dedicated business partners across the entire organization.What You'll Do
As a Senior Data Scientist- Supply Chain & Operationsyou'll be part of our Data & Analytics team located remotely.You'll get to:
Who You Are
- Work on complex and extremely varied data sets across entire SBD to solve highly complex real-world business problems
- Determineappropriate analytical approaches and predictive modeling techniques for these business problems and leads their development and execution.
- Identify potential analytical use cases, evaluate their feasibility and quantify potential future business impact
- Drive the collection, cleansing, processing and analysis of new and existing data sources.
- Establishanalytical rigor and predictive methods to analyze large amounts of data, using advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses.
- Build, test, and deploy predictive models and/or machine learning algorithms on large static and/or streaming data sets
- Report findings by creating useful and appropriate data outputs and visualizations tailored for the intended audiences
- Managehighly complex analytical projects from data exploration, model building, performance evaluation and testing.
- Applyin-depth knowledge of systems and products to consult and advise on additional efforts across organization/enterprise.
- Provideguidance to develop enterprise-wide analytics strategy and roadmap.
- Interactwith internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information/solutions related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology/ business solutions.
You always strive to do a good job...but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
What You'll Receive
- Advanced degree (MS/PhD) in a relevant technical field (Preferrable: Operations Research, Industrial Engineering. Consideration will be also given to the following: Computer Science, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics) with 7+ years of experience in related data science, analytics, and model building roles within the supply chain domain
- Strong background in supply chain domain and "state-of-the-art" methods.
- Experience working with large complex data sets, real time/near real time analytics, and distributed big data platforms (Hadoop & MapReduce and/or Cassandra/Spark)
- Strong practical knowledge of analytical techniques and methodologies such as machine learning/supervised and unsupervised techniques, segmentation, mix and time series modeling, response modeling, lift modeling, experimental design, neural networks, data mining and optimization techniques
- Strong background in applying statistical machine learning techniques to predictive modeling and experience with Machine Learning libraries (via R, H2O, Python, Spark, etc.)
- Experience in solvers for numerical optimization like CPLEX, GAMS or similar tools
- Proficiency in consuming REST based API (with JSON payload) is a plus.
- Fluency in big data platforms including Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive,Spark, PIG
- Familiarity with Cloud based HaaS/PaaS solutions such as AWS EMR, MS Azure.
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
How you'll feel:
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay. Being part of our team means you'll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We're more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in. Join us!#LI-AH1
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.