Philadelphia, PA Description:
Our client is currently seeking a Electronic Flight Control Systems Test Engineer Job Description:
Electronic Flight Control Systems Test Engineer
* Works with customers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements.
Analyzes and translates requirements into system, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
Monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
Solves problems concerning and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
Researches specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
* Position is to fill an immediate demand for Flight Control System level testing using National Instruments based toolsets.
Must have a solid knowledge of understanding FCS level requirements, the process to decompose and trace, and the required teamwork to work in a dynamic and fast pace team execution plan.
Needs proficiency with National Instruments tools; Team uses National Instruments TestStand and Veristand
Contractual obligation to follow DO-178B, but moving into the model based arena to some degree; trying to take advantage of what DO-178C is allowing/acknowledging, but not obligated to it
Will be working with Flight Control System - Control system, control loops, interactions with control laws to get the system stimulated to the point that requirements can be tested at that level
There is a balance of onsite and virtual work, however, they prefer the contractor to be onsite initially to get up to speed as quickly as possible
When preparing for tests, development work is done and they need to be onsite and work in the lab and interact with other teams on site
Once there is a good base of understanding, the rest of the project can be done more remotelyQualifications:
- Experience testing complex systems; aerospace systems testing preferred
- Experience testing systems using National Instruments tools (software/hardware)
- Experience 10+ yrs, but will consider less if skillset includes a combination of aerospace & National Instruments use
- Familiarity with DO-178 certification in testing
- Some software development experience may be helpful, as this role will interact with the software team Skills:
Flight Control Systems Competencies: Design / Produce Process Communication Continuous Learning Customer Focus Innovation / Creativity Business Acumen Safety Awareness Quality Systems Thinking Analytical Skills (Technical) Engineering Processes Design Concepts & Techniques Engr Knowledge/Comprehension Electronic/Electrical Domain Analog/Digital Signal Proc Certification & Qualification Circuit Design Electronic System Design Requirements Hardware/Software DevelopmentFor More Details, Contact:Daniel ThakreCellphone- Email- Contact:
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com