IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST (CBP-21-1635-W):
Bowhead is seeking an IT Support Specialist in Gulfport, MS to join our team in supporting IT deployment and infrastructure for the Customs & Border Protection contract. The IT Support Specialists provide second-tier support to end users of PCs, servers and mainframe applications and hardware. The IT Support Specialists will interact with network services, software systems engineering and applications development to restore service and to assist in identifying and correcting core problems as needed. The IT Support Specialist will resolve client and server problems at local field offices that are part of the overall customer IT enterprise.
• Candidates must have a high degree of expertise in supporting a wide variety of IT systems. They must be self-sufficient and self-starting with only general supervision and guidance. Candidates must be capable of performing these tasks:
• Installation and configuration of desktop workstations, laptops, tablets, and wireless access points, including re-imaging them and sanitizing old devices.
• Installation and configuration of data backup media, including onsite and offsite storage.
• Providing a record of changes of all configuration changes for each system and records of all updates.
• Installing, testing and managing of software add-ins and hardware devices within the Server environment.
• Travel to or remotely access, CBP sites to troubleshoot and repair servers.
• Providing Tier I and II local area network (LAN) support.
• Providing reports, via government recommended media, on request showing site status.
• Interface with the Network Operations Center (NOC) and Security Operations Center (SOC) for support of domain name system (DNS) windows internet naming service (WINS) and Proxy.
• Participate in new hardware and software compatibility and usability testing.
• Interface with Electronic Mail Operations (EMOPS) regarding the Exchange Mail Systems.
• Rename and configure LAN Printers as directed by government lead personnel.
• Manage, create, delete, and modify AD accounts, and objects.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire. All job offers in connection with a covered contract will be contingent upon providing proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date.
• Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years of documented experience performing the responsibilities identified in the above description in a government or government-support role. This experience must be identified in the candidate's resume.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Comfortable working in a combined government/contractor team environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
This position has these additional requirements:
• Requires a Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) suitability but applicants with an active Secret or Top Secret (TS) clearance will be considered.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts. To receive and respond to instructions/assignments, must be able to read, write and speak English.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Qualified candidates must be able to obtain a Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) clearance (Suitability). Must have a current and favorably adjudicated Secret or Top Secret Clearance.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC's Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant's resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply:
#LI-CK1UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)