VariQ, a leader in innovative IT solutions and professional services for federal clients, is seeking motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Security missions. For the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS)
, VariQ anticipates performing software development and application enhancements on this O&M contract using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and DevSecOps processes. VariQ is excited to offer you a unique opportunity to join a SAFe Agile release planning team implementing CI/CD pipeline to support one our nation's most critical homeland missions - the storage and processing of student and exchange visitor information for national security, law enforcement, immigration and border management, intelligence, background investigations, and associated testing, training, management reporting, planning and analysis.
VariQ is seeking a Senior Java Developer
to support the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) SEVIS
contract. Additional Information:
- Location: Rockville MD or Tyson's Corner, VA
- Available: Within 30 days; subject to completing clearance process
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Security Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and have or are able to obtain a DHS Public Trust
QualificationsRequired Skills and Experience
- Supports the complete software development process for complex new software products, or makes significant enhancements to existing software in an Agile environment
- Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations
- Troubleshoots, debugs and upgrades software and supports deployment to the AWS cloud
- Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity
- Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution
- Supports the application migration to the AWS Cloud
- Advises and collaborates with cloud engineers to identify hardware configurations that optimize the performance of software systems
- Supports the DevOps practices and optimizes the use of CI/CD pipeline tools
- Supports the technical documentation efforts including design documentation, target state diagrams, system documentation etc.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced developers
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years' experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer with 1 years' experience with test-driven development
- 3+ years of experience designing and developing solutions with Java Platform Enterprise Edition (J2EE) and corresponding frameworks (Spring) in an Agile Software Development environment
- Technical proficiency with developing database queries, batch jobs, and stored procedures with PL/SQL and NoSQL
- Experience developing applications with responsive web design frameworks to support multiple platforms including compatibility with but not limited to Chrome, Internet Explorer and iOS
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles, methods, and techniques to include Agile/Scrum, DevOps and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience with DevOps toolchain including GitHub, JIRA, Junit, Jenkins, Maven etc.
- Technical proficiency with AWS Cloud technologies
- Experience creating Design documentation, Target State Diagrams, and other development-related documentation.
- Experience with code and peer reviews.
- Experience with Unit Test Planning, Script Creation, and Execution.
- Ability to quickly learn new applications by proactively asking questions, analyzing documentation and corresponding code to be able to directly contribute to coding enhancements in a timely manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a confident and assertive demeanor.
- Ability to clearly explain the pros/cons of different technical solutions and provide recommendation to the development lead and project manager.
- Ability to work independently and work across an integrated project team.
- Takes a sense of ownership over work products by proactively engaging with the business and testing team members for end-to-end quality control and meeting customer needs.
Experience developing and delivering at DHS is preferredSecurity Clearance:
- Experience with Oracle RDBMS, Mongo DB and PostgreSQL databases
- Experience with JSP, React and Angular framework
- Experience with automated testing software like Selenium and Cucumber
- Experience with or knowledge of container management tools like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Java Applications servers (Tomcat/JBoss)
- Experience with or knowledge of MuleSoft
- Working knowledge of Microservice architecture
- Experience developing in a SAFe Agile environment
Must be a US Citizen and have or are able to obtain a DHS Public TrustOTHER DUTIES
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
What Is In It For You
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Who We Are
- We focus on building teams of the best and brightest who are looking for careers with a growing and dynamic mid-tier company.
- Our leaders get to know you as an individual. They help you grow in a variety of directions and view you as an asset who grows with the company beyond our current contracts.
- VariQ is growing which translates into many different opportunities for you and more defined career path trajectory.
- We understand your need for work/life balance and work within contract parameters to provide as much flexibility as possible.
- We provide a comprehensive and highly competitive total compensation and benefits package that brings you real value and security to enjoy life today and plan for tomorrow.
Founded in 2003, VariQ is a premier provider of Cybersecurity, Software Development and Cloud services to federal, state, and local government. Headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, VariQ is a multiple award-winning company that emphasizes innovation, quality, and professional excellence in the development of advanced technology systems.**We require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 (or have an approved accommodation) by January 4, 2022.**VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace. EEO is the Law