TeamSoft's client is in need of a Security Engineer II for a full time, direct hire role in Madison!
The Security Engineer II positions is responsible for the continuing development, implementation, support, facilitation and communication of the Information Security Policy within all areas of the business with a keen focus on security operations including network perimeter defense and systems security. Assist with support of existing security controls to ensure stability, uptime and effective control operation. Role performs on-going monitoring of networks and network elements, both internal and customer-facing, to ensure compliance with policy and standards. This includes supporting and developing systems to enable analysis and reporting of security events and activities. Assists in security-related investigations and incident response activities and provides system forensics and investigative services. In addition, provide periodic “on-call” support of security operations during non-business hours. Act as team liaison for department projects.
IT Security Program Development/Integration
- Assist in research and testing of new technologies from a security perspective as required and as driven by the business or regulatory needs.
- Measure and report system security posture through the ongoing development and refinement of security metrics.
- Work directly with TDS Telecom Information Technology (IT), Network Services (NS), Network Operations (NO) and TDS Corporate to ensure that TDS Telecom's technical infrastructure is adequately secured.
- Assist with security assessments of businesses acquired by TDS Telecom.
- Consult with project teams and IT management in the development of requirements for the organization's architectural documents to maintain security while meeting business objectives.
- Implement firewall and VPN policies. Deploy firewalls and VPNs using recommended implementation designs.
- Assist in the deployment and operation of security controls including, but not limited to: intrusion detection, content filtering, configuration management and vulnerability management controls.
- Perform troubleshooting and network traffic analysis to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Conduct firewall policy reviews for audit and inventory and execute changes where appropriate.
- Scan systems for known vulnerabilities and initiate and monitor requests to address relevant vulnerabilities.
- Assist in the development of security applications to address security control requirements.
- Perform penetration testing of networks, systems and applications as requested.
- Develop, plan and support systems to enable analysis and reporting of security events and network activity as required.
- Monitor systems and devices for compliance with security and regulatory requirements, evaluate activity logs and document actions taken to investigate and resolve any identified issues.
- Work with infrastructure custodians to set appropriate system monitoring and logging parameters and ensure that audit logs are appropriately reviewed and retained.
- Provide root cause analysis, expert problem resolution and debrief activities, including executive communications as required.
Security Investigations and Special Requests
- Work on behalf of Human Resources to collect information (e.g., e-mails, Internet activity) and investigate information security violations.
- Perform systems and network forensic investigations as needed.
- Follow established forensic principles for evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis and data recovery. Gather and analyze data in a manner as free from distortion or bias as possible to reconstruct data or what has happened in the past on company systems.
Maintain Industry Currency, Relevance and Knowledge
- Maintain knowledge of vendor products, services and security technologies and recommend/implement their use.
- Attend relevant IT security-related conferences to network with other industry personnel and maintain certification accreditation.
- Attend relevant IT security-related training to enhance skills, increase security solution capability awareness and maintain certification accreditation.
- Bachelor degree (or higher) –OR– 4+ years of professional work experience.
- 6+ years of IT-related work experience.
- 4+ years of IT security-related work experience.
*A full position description will be provided to qualified candidates.
Find out why TeamSoft is the technology leader with over 200 IT consultants. Managed by IT professionals, TeamSoft is the clear choice for your career. Join the TeamSoft family today!
Did you know?
- TeamSoft offers salaried options for many positions that include 5 weeks PTO and great benefits!
- TeamSoft has been in business since 1996
- TeamSoft’s Executives are IT professionals who possess a wealth of experience in application development, business analysis, and project management
- TeamSoft’s Recruiters are knowledgeable, friendly, and ready to help you make your next great career move
- TeamSoft offers a full benefits suite to all of our W2 consultants, including a 401k plan with a 100% vested 4% dollar for dollar match
- Our targeted selection process is designed to get to know your strengths and career interests and provide you with the best chance for success in your new position
- Our longest running consultant has been with us for 16 years
- Consultants can participate in our charitable giving committee. To date, TeamSoft’s charitable giving committee has donated over $100,000!
TeamSoft is operated by IT professionals. Our team has deep experience with IT staffing. Our clients understand this and rely on our expertise. That is why TeamSoft is the largest IT consulting firm founded in the Madison Area, with more than 200 current consultants! With over 50 active clients, TeamSoft will give you the greatest exposure to the widest range of IT careers.
Our executives possess a combined 60+ years of IT consulting experience. Our recruiting and Account Management staff are very well-versed in our client markets. We get you. We know you. We know what you do every day. And we know what you deal with on the job.
You take your career seriously and so do we. At TeamSoft you are not just a resume or number. Our goal is to create long-term partnerships with each of our consultants, and according to feedback from many of them, we are very good at this.
Click HERE to see what our consultants have to say about working with TeamSoft.
TeamSoft – Promote yourself!
TeamSoft is an equal employment opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.