Overview Who We Are:
As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively.
As part of BNY Mellon-s global Technology organization, you-ll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest, technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients- expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech.
Workplace Technology team is responsible for the strategy, engineering, and strategic deployment activities for all end user services, including mobile services, Windows physical and virtual desktop, Mac, Microsoft 365, email, chat, collaboration, and related technologies. Our mission is to articulate the vision for employee productivity and collaboration for the Bank, selective innovative technologies to transform the end user experience. If you are a technology evangelist with a passion to deliver technology solutions that differentiate BNY Mellon from its competitors, then this is the place for you.
Workplace Technology-s Endpoint Configuration Management team is currently seeking an experienced, talented and motivated Engineer to join our Vulnerability Engineering team. We are looking for someone who is well versed with Patch management tasks including but not limited to maintaining current knowledge of available patches, deciding what patches are appropriate for particular systems, ensuring that patches are installed properly, testing systems after installation, and documenting all associated procedures. What You'll Be Doing:
Who We're Looking For:
- Vulnerability Remediation / Patch Management - perform patch management tasks including but not limited to maintaining current knowledge of available patches, deciding what patches are appropriate for particular systems, ensuring that patches are installed properly, testing systems after installation, and documenting all associated procedures
- Advanced Troubleshooting / Problem Resolution - perform advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution, using a variety of tools including event logs, log files, and error messages, to include but not limited to, issues with Microsoft Windows OS, 3rd party patch and update distribution
- Engineer Remediation Solution - diagnose vulnerability and perform root cause analysis, determine, recommend and engineer solution / remediation steps to resolve vulnerabilities not covered by vendor patches
- Impact Assessment / Management - identify, recommend and manage appropriate measures to remediate vulnerabilities with the focus on reducing potential impact to end users
- Collaboration with Peer Groups to Develop Remediation Solutions - Work with either the Packaging team or Group Policy Team to implement any configuration or automation to resolve vulnerabilities not covered by vendor patches
- Collaboration with ISD / VM Analytics / VM Reporting - collaboration across Information Security Division, Vulnerability Management Cyber Analytics and VM Reporting Teams for VM data analysis, validation, cleanup and normalization
- Collaboration with Engineering / WTS - collaboration across agile engineering pillars within Desktop Platform as well as Workplace Technology Support for remediation assistance
- Investigate / Remediate / Validate / Document - Investigate the best methods to apply security changes to remediate vulnerabilities for applications and desktops, validate patch deployments for compliancy, remediation of identified IT system security related issues and document issues and associated resolutions for knowledge base reference
- Subject matter expert in at least one of the tools/technologies used in the space. Participates in or leads initiatives to analyze infrastructure problems to be solved with advanced design. Utilizes standard procedures and policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Participates in or leads initiatives to analyze infrastructure problems to be solved with advanced design. Utilizes standard procedures and policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Manages the processes for ensuring that all systems/applications/software/hardware are compliant with Corporate policy/procedures. Monitors project plans and budgets. Contributes to developing and monitoring the organization's technology architecture and future technology vision. Develops reports in conjunction with the Fellow Architect which demonstrate business opportunities and road map strategies that add business value. Drafts proposals on infrastructure architecture needs for M&A activity, and supports the creation of executive summaries. This person is a subject matter expert in at least one of the tools/technologies used in the space. Consults and advises application development groups on solution architecture design, monitoring, implementation; recommending solutions based on BNYM and industry best practices. Acts as the lead for major incident resolution. Drives strategy to increase automation across the organization. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 8-10 years of related experience required
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Strong understanding of end user technologies with specific focus on the Windows desktop
- Passion and desire to modernize and improve the end user experience using the latest collaboration tools (ex. Office 365)
- Minimum of eight years of prior Project or Product Management experience, and minimum five years of experience working with senior level stakeholders, highly preferred.
- In-depth and hands-on knowledge of the ideation and product development lifecycle