As part of TSG, our Architecture & Engineering
- Define enterprise technology architecture and engineering principles and best practices
- Develop next-generation engineering solutions focused on Resiliency and Innovation
- Engineer and integrate the critical systems and platforms used across the band and with external Clients
We are seeking Senior Full Stack Engineers to join our Application Runtime Platform team. We work on the BNYM Application Engine, a Platform as a Service that schedules and runs containerized applications on Linux across our datacenters. Our systems power nearly a quarter of the global economy and we continue to invest in uplifting the technologies that underpin our private cloud and public clouds.
Our Placement Engine and Container Services platform enables developer and operational efficiencies in our datacenters and public cloud. Our team uses cutting edge technologies to enable innovation for our business, including but not limited to Docker, Kubernetes, Nomad, Consul, Puppet, Salt and VMware. Our team's portfolio includes Developers, Devops, Systems Engineers and SREs.
As a diverse platform team, we know how software is built, configured and deployed. We write services, plugins and agents. We configure, automate and run many infrastructure and platform services spanning across thousands of machines across multiple datacenters. We understand middleware and infrastructure and provide the tools and services that allow developers to run their applications. Additionally, our on-boarding and engagement teams help developers understand and use the platform.
Because we are a diverse team, we are looking for a range of skillsets for a senior engineering role who can influence and steer our platform offerings to offer exceptional services to our clients. Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Linux and Cloud Native Technologies
- Work extensively with open-source software. You may even modify or extend code maintained as part of an open-source project.
- Develop features in an agile environment where we quickly prototype and iterate on functionality.
- Deploy and scale critical services and features that are used by thousands of developers
- Develop robust functionality in a complex, distributed systems code-base.
- POC on new frameworks, environments, and technologies
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree is beneficial.
- 14+ years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Job holder must have understanding interdependencies and business impact of future IT plans.
- S/he must have extensive experience selecting and implementing vendor-specific methodologies and prior consulting experience with structured methodologies.
- Job holder must have broad experience with multi-platform development tools and toolkits.
- SME in Kubernetes or Public Cloud
- 10+ years of active software development (Go, Java, Python, Ruby, Bash).
- 3+ year of web development skills (Angular, HTML, CSS, JS).
- Strong understanding of building, deploying, and maintaining microservices in a cloud based environment.
- Deep understanding of how to build fault tolerance and scalability into cloud based systems.
- Strong understanding of UI concepts and implementation
- Strong understanding of software engineering skills in modular design, data structures, algorithms, and Unix systems development.
- Ability to quickly learn and POC on new frameworks, environments, and technologies
- Experience of SDLC and Agile Development tools (Jenkins / Teamcity, Maven, JIRA, Confluence)
- Detail oriented with creative problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to be an outstanding team player
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients, and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.