Lead Data Architect
Location: Princeton, NJ (Remote Acceptable)
Who we are:
INVIDI Technologies is the world's leading developer of software transforming television all over the world. Our two-time Emmy® Award-winning technology is widely deployed by cable, satellite, and telco operators. We provide a device-agnostic solution delivering ads to the right household no matter what program or network you're watching, how you're watching, or whether you're in front of your TV, laptop, cell phone or any other device. INVIDI created the multi-billion-dollar addressable television business that today is growing rapidly globally.
INVIDI is right at the heart of the very exciting and fast-paced world of commercial television; companies benefiting from our software include DirecTV and Dish Network, networks such as CBS/Viacom and A&E, advertising agencies such as Ogilvy and Publicis, and advertisers such as Chevrolet and Verizon.
INVIDI's world-class technology solutions are known for their flexibility and adaptability. These traits allow INVIDI partners to transform their video content delivery network, revamping legacy systems without significant capital or hardware investments. Our clients count on us to provide superior capabilities, excellent service, and ease of use.
The goal of developing a unified video ad tech platform is a big one and the right Lead Data Architect--like you--flourish in INVIDI's creative, inspiring, and supportive culture. It is a demanding, high-energy, and fast-paced environment. INVIDI's Lead Data Architect are self-motivated quick studies, can-do individuals who embrace the challenge of solving difficult and complex problems.
About the role:
As a Lead Data Architect, you have a grounding in data integration using ETL/ELT frameworks in AWS and Google Cloud Platform. You also have a business sense for asking and answering fundamental questions to help shape key strategic decisions. This role involves thinking critically and strategically about video content delivery as a technology, as a business, and as an operation to help broadcasters, distributors, and media companies transform and evolve their advertising practices through the use of data.
Using proven design patterns, you will help identify opportunities for INVIDI and our clients to operate more efficiently and produce innovative and actionable quantitative models and analyses to address the challenges of marketing effectiveness and measurement. As a technical Lead, you will do more than just crunch the numbers. You will work with Engineers, Product Managers, Sales Associates and Marketing teams to adjust business practices according to your findings. Identifying the problem is only half the job; you also need to figure out the solution. You must be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
- Lead projects with hands-on data engineering and modelling, drawing from multiple architectural patterns to choose the right tool and right level of complexity appropriate for each business challenge
- Engage broadly within the organization to identify, prioritize, frame, and structure complex problems
- Help define the analytical direction and influence the direction of supporting engineering and infrastructure work
- Conduct end-to-end analyses, including data gathering, requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations
- Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale
- Translate analysis results into business recommendations
- Develop comprehensive understanding of video content viewership data structures and metrics
- Recommend and implement strategies to solve business problems when availability of data is limited
- Work closely with Engineers and Product Managers to identify and assess opportunities for improvements to INVIDI products.
You must have:
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science or information management systems discipline or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of experience in data modelling in SQL and NoSQL databases, integration, or related field as a data integration engineer
- 5 years of experience in Data visualization tools like Tableau, Power BI, Looker
- 5 years of technical, hands-on experience building, optimizing, and implementing data pipelines and architecture
- 5 years of experience in people management or leadership
- 5 years of experience with ETL/ELT software (e.g., Python, Spark, SQL) in batch and streaming technologies like Kafka/Kinesis
- 3 years of experience in data pipeline and workflow management tools like Apache Airflow, Luigi.
- 3 years of experience in container related technologies like Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in EDA in Notebook based environments like Jupyter Notebook
- Experience designing data lakes, cloud data warehouses using Snowflake, Redshift and BigQuery
- Experience with one ore more cloud service providers like AWS, Google Cloud Platform
- Deep understanding of data governance and data privacy best practices
It will be very good if you have experience in:
- Experience in statistical data analysis, such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, and sampling methods
- Experience in building marketing analytics dashboards
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets
- Experience in the following domains: video content delivery, viewership measurement, advertising technology, digital advertising
- INVIDI is a conscious, clean, well-organized, and supportive office environment.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer are normal.
- INVIDI is working 100% remotely until a return-to-office date is determined.
- All candidates must pass compliance background screening and drug testing.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position; you must be legally authorized to work in United States.
At INVIDI we don't just accept differences-we celebrate diversity, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. INVIDI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity consistent with legal requirements. INVIDI welcomes veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by email at: .
Ready to join our team? Apply today!