We are seeking a Cloud Engineer to take a role in continuous operations and business continuity for all production and non-production Database-as-aService (DBaaS) instances supported in our Kubernetes-based cloud platform. Our DBaaS capability is designed to provide platform developers and their applications with database services that are fully automated, designed for scale, and highly resilient to faults and performance-degrading events. The ideal candidate will bring a strong software engineering background with a focus on databases, and is experienced with high volume, always-on, mission-critical production applications. Typical workloads include MongoDB, CockroachDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, Kafka, and PostgreSQL.
location: FRAMINGHAM, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 80 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Update and maintain DBaaS services
- Automate database updates, backup, recovery, testing, migrations, monitoring, and maintenance
- Use open-source software such as Go, Prometheus, and Grafana to build integrated, automated solutions
- Provide on-call support to triage and resolve issues in production platforms
- Troubleshoot data-related problems, find root causes, implement solutions, and contribute to incident reports
- Production experience in large-scale NoSQL data infrastructures such as MongoDB, Amazon DocumentDB, etc.
- Application experience with SQL databases such as PostgreSQL, Cockroach DB, MySQL, Amazon RDS, etc.
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure platforms (AWS preferred) and container orchestration technologies (e.g., Kubernetes and Docker)
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent engineering discipline
- 5+ years software development experience
- 2+ years direct experience with databases, Linux, and cloud deployments Python or Golang programming languages
- Ability to clearly document and diagram technical systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience level:
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- AWS (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Python (2 years of experience is preferred)
- NoSQL (5 years of experience is preferred)
- MySQL (4 years of experience is preferred)
- Golang (2 years of experience is preferred)
- SQL (2 years of experience is preferred)
- open source (2 years of experience is preferred)
- Grafana (2 years of experience is preferred)
- Prometheus (2 years of experience is preferred)
- MongoDB (2 years of experience is preferred)
- PostgreSQL (2 years of experience is preferred)
- Linux Engineer (2 years of experience is preferred)
- kubernetes (2 years of experience is preferred)
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.