Atrilogy's direct client in Los Angeles, CA and Raleigh, NC
has a need for an Enterprise Big Data Administrator (100% Remote)
for direct hire role
. Position: Enterprise Big Data Administrator (100% Remote)
Location: : Los Angeles, CA 90071 and Raleigh, NC 27602 Duration: Full Time Salary: Market Job Description:
Responsibilities: Platform Support
- The Enterprise Big Data Administrator is a key role responsible for developing, administering and supporting the management and operations of an Enterprise Big data platform for the client.
- This position will be responsible for installing and maintaining the Hadoop infrastructure, interacting with internal teams along with vendors to monitor, troubleshoot and resolve problems within the Hadoop Ecosystem and integration points.
- This position will also work closely with business teams to ensure business applications are performing within agreed service levels.
- Client is consolidating its big data platform on the Oracle Big Data Appliance.
Big Data Development
- Responsible for administration of the Big Data platform including the areas of back up, configuration, performance tuning, security and promoting code Install, Configure, and apply patch updates.
- Installing and configuring additional big data parcels like Informatica etc.
- Partner with key roles (e.g. application analysts, data integration team, database administrators team, infrastructure team, and business constituents to maintain a robust and sustainable big data platform system System recovery in the event of system failures
- Implement and manage various environments including failover for BCP and DR
- Maintain best practices for maintaining Hadoop in production
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, tuning and solving Hadoop issues including HDFS, YARN, Hive, Impala and Spark Work with vendor support teams to triage issues
Big Data as a service
- Provide expertise in architecting, designing and implementing Big Data solutions Interface with business and IT stakeholders to identify issues and develop solutions
- Responsible for full cycle development of Big Data solutions including architecting data staging , data movement , data streaming using technologies like Hive QL , Spark , Flume etc.
- Perform code reviews on big data components Code deployment across environments.
- Document and communicate technical architectures, standards best practices, toolsets and solutions Responsible for standards across all the SDLC phases
- Ensures solutions developed adhere to security and data privacy polices.
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detail design.
- Define best practices and standards Maintain clear documentation to help increase overall productivity
Investigate and prove concepts as Big Data technologies evolves Test prototypes and oversee operational processes Support ad-hoc requests as requested by management and business partners Basic Qualifications:
Skills and Knowledge:
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience with Big Data (Hadoop) .
- 3-5 years' experience in data analysis, data development preferably in a data-intensive financial company.
- 3-5 years' experience in Information technology development across all phases of the SDLC process in the data space
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience with Cloudera on Oracle Big Data Appliance, preferred
- Experience working in a data-intensive financial services organization, preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Information Systems or Business Administration.
- Master's Degree in a related field is strongly desired.
- Experience in administering high performance and large Hadoop clusters, preferably
- Cloudera on Oracle Big Data Appliance Experience with Kerberos Hadoop clusters
- Experience managing and developing utilizing open source technologies and libraries
- Experience with HiveQL and Spark Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL database technologies
- Hands on experience with Linux administration and shell scripting
- Familiarity with version control, job scheduling and configuration management tools Ability to lead and take ownership of projects
- Some programming experience (Java, Python etc.)
- Good oral and written communication and presentations skills with the ability to lead meetings effectively
- Experience in SDLC Process
- Opportunity may also be considered to be based in Raleigh, NC
Please let me know if you have any questions.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in Word format, along with daytime contact information. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
unless you are willing to relocate yourself at your own expense. Client is unable to provide H-1B Visa sponsorship at this time. All submittals will be treated confidentially. Pursuant to the Fair Chance for Hiring Initiative Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Principals only, no third parties please.
Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. (est. 2000), in partnership with Peak17 Consulting (est. 2008), provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) staffing services.
Atrilogy has been recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the nation's fastest-growing, privately held companies. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Atrilogy also has offices in Denver, Phoenix, & Atlanta with satellite offices in Boston, Jersey City, Las Vegas, and Delhi, India.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement such as Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBAs, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists, ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data and Creative (UI/UX, Web Design)
Clients turn to Peak17 for expertise in:
- Operational staffing and placement of Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing professionals, as well as Information Technology resources.
Atrilogy Solutions Group and Peak17 Consulting are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.#SSI