Highlighted Skills: Front End Developer Roles,Trading Systems (execution, etc.),OpenFin and/or Finsemble (notate in comments which) WHY APPLY?
Are you a front end developer? Have a history working with trading systems and/or low-latency systems? Then this gig might be of interest to you.
In short, our client is looking to rebuild their core trading system (currently a green screen, AS400 solution) into one that is based on React and Microservices. Strong bias for candidates that would consider conversion, at some point, to full time employment. Plan is for the solution to be based on AWS so plus if there is depth there. Backend business logic would be in C#/.NET/C++ (so some exposure there is a plus) leveraging OpenFin and/or Finsemble (those aren't required). Client will consider resources that are based in: Minneapolis, New York, or Chicago.
So, if this sounds like you, APPLY TODAY!!
** side note: flagged as 25% remote as client would have resources work from home when "safer at home" virus orders not in effect. Estimated at a few months for starters ** TARGET PROFILES (in order of desirability):
#1 - Front End Developer; Trading System Background; Strong in JS (React Preferred); Finsemble and/or OpenFin a plusSKILLS - CORE:
* Front End Developer Roles
* Trading Systems (execution, etc.)
* OpenFin and/or Finsemble (notate in comments which)SKILLS - MAJORITY REQUIRED:
* TypeScript (JS Superset; good for things like SPA)
* Front End Libraries (Enzyme, Jest, Storybook, Lerna, Cypress, etc.)
* Bundling tools (e.g., WebPack, Gulp, Rollup)
* CI/CD Deployment (Jenkins, XLDeploy, Drone, etc.)
* Micro-services -- Low latency environments
* Cloud -- AWS
* Is candidate open to contract-to-hire and/or direct hire? (optional; notate in comments which one or both)
* If not listed in resume, notate here ALL education details for candidate (institution, degree, year of graduation)
* Provide either (1) an online profile (LinkedIn URL, etc) or (2) a reference that you reported to. If providing reference, share name, company, phone, and email where email is from the domain of the company. If neither, put NA in comments.SKILLS - ALSO CONSIDERED:
* High Performance Computing (C++, etc.)
* 1st Language English or equivalent (i.e. 8 years in US, AUS, Singapore, Europe, etc.)
* Is the candidate willing, if requested, to authorize background checks and/or education checks as part of selection process?
* Is the candidate willing, if requested, to take drug screen as part of selection process?
* Skype ID of candidate (in case agent or client requests video call)
* Screens with candidate (phone and/or video) may be recorded to enable the overall selection process. Are you comfortable with that?OTHER INFORMATION:
* Status -- 1-Active
* Employment Type -- Contract
* Role -- Trading System Front End Developer (JS, React)
* Experience -- ~10year(s)
* Location -- Chicago, IL and others. See description for details., Client is open to 25% remote work per week
* Compensation -- Up to 100.00/hr in a c2c/1099 structure. Limited W2 structure also possible but rate drops to 80.00/hr gross. We say gross as the limited w2 rate shown is before employer/employee taxes (not take home; take home would be lower as its after employee taxes which vary).
* Payment Terms -- Monthly invoice, NET 30 payment off invoice
* Expenses -- Included in rate above
* Number of Positions -- 5
* Current pool -- 3DATES/DURATION
* Last Update -- 07/09/20 13:28 PM. Tim Bauer. Still going here. Shared a couple candidates to hiring manager this week. Waiting for feedback on those.. (full detail change log at ).
* Shortlist On -- 07/24/20
* Start On -- 08/03/20
* Duration -- Duration is estimated to be 12 months.
* 1st Post Date -- 04/06/20MISC
* Client -- Shared after 1st Screen
* Agent -- Shared after 1st Screen. Amplified is not the prime.
* Interview Details -- Face-to-face interview is NOT required after phone screen. That said, let LEVERAGEncy know on submission if Skype or other options AREN'T an option.
* Work Authorizations -- Everyone is encouraged to apply (work authorization is not a factor). Note, we are unable to sponsor visa candidates at this time. So, if you are on visa, we would need to contract with your visa holder.
* Industry -- Other/Not Classified
* Posting Rating -- ACHANGE LOG:
* 07/09/20 13:28 PM. Tim Bauer. Still going here. Shared a couple candidates to hiring manager this week. Waiting for feedback on those.
* 07/02/20 12:51 PM. Tim Bauer. Added React Hooks and Function Components as end client is requiring that in 2nd stage technical coding test.
* 06/25/20 12:03 PM. Tim Bauer. Shared a pretty solid OpenFin/C candidate on Monday. Waiting for feedback on that.
* 06/17/20 20:11 PM. Tim Bauer. Status changed to In Process
* 06/17/20 19:32 PM. Tim Bauer. Status changed to WFF
* 06/11/20 12:53 PM. Tim Bauer. Client is still screening and reviewing candidates (2 of ours took screen tests this week)
* 06/03/20 19:44 PM. Tim Bauer. Submit candidate to agent to see if client will consider someone without notable openFin/Finsemble
* 06/01/20 17:57 PM. Tim Bauer. Reopening this. Client went to offer w/ one of our candidates but they took another perm gig instead. So end client asked us to resume. Focus is on candidates w/ Finsemble and/or OpenFin.
* 05/28/20 11:20 AM. Tim Bauer. Still waiting on feedback on our 2nd candidate that went to final interview (1st one did get offer). Continue to source passively.
* 05/21/20 15:52 PM. Tim Bauer. Still going. One candidate going to final interview today.
* 05/18/20 16:28 PM. Tim Bauer. Reduce rate down to 100 max (from 120) based on pushback from client. Candidate's skills were perfect fit and they like him so that is the ceiling.
* 05/07/20 13:48 PM. Tim Bauer. Continue to hold as we wait for feedback on 1st wave of screens.
* 05/04/20 20:37 PM. Tim Bauer. Just talked w/ VMS of end client. They are putting lead on hold. Seems they have 40 some submissions forwarded to hiring manager (some ours) so now we need to wait. Given that we'll move this to hold and see what happens.
* 04/30/20 13:47 PM. Tim Bauer. Candidate from us in final interview today. Should have sense of how they want to move forward with other slots after that.
* 04/22/20 14:46 PM. Tim Bauer. Updated to reflect clients wanting to see either (a) React or (b) Angular depth around trading.
* 04/16/20 11:42 AM. Tim Bauer. Got an update from client last night. They indicated they are completing the 1st shortlist of candidates now and we should know on Friday who they want to talk with (1st Interview). So should have an update at that time.
* 04/06/20 13:19 PM. . Lead Created