Private Equity Services, Business Analyst - SS&C Technologies
New York, NY, USA
Wednesday, July 22, 2020
SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
SS&C Private Equity Services is a long-term private equity industry participant and a leader in in providing accounting, reporting and administrative services to private equity funds and investors. We support firms of all sizes, from new managers to midsized private equity firms to larger institutions and institutional investors. We have the size, scale and experience across investment strategies and provide the value and quality of service to end investors that our fund manager clients expect. A big difference with SS&C is that we are dually expert in both service and technology.Position Overview:
The Private Equity Services (PES) Business Analyst will assist the PES business implement business/technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a business/client project or program, and communicating them clearly to stakeholders, facilitators and partners. The main job tasks will include performing stakeholder analysis, detailed requirements definition, functional/technical specifications, user accepting testing, training and system/process documentation. The PE Business analyst will report to the Director of Project Management.Position Responsibilities:
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Performing stakeholder analysis, requirements analysis, requirements definition, functional/technical specifications, user accepting testing, training and system/process documentation.
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Documenting and communicating the results of your efforts.
- Effectively communicating insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Working closely with clients, technology, and managerial staff.
- Allocating resources and maintaining cost efficiency.
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Assistance with managing projects, developing project plans, and monitoring performance.
- Updating, implementing and maintaining procedures.
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
- Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users.
- Managing competing resources and priorities.
- Monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of business experience in financial services or related industry
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in business analysis or a related field
- 2-3 years' experience in Alternative Investments desired but not required
- A bachelor's degree in business/technology or related field or an MBA.
- Knowledge of business structure, stakeholder analysis, requirements definition, functional/technical specifications, user accepting testing, training and system/process documentation.
- Experience with Costs benefit analysis and processes modeling
- Understanding of networks, databases and other technology
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions
- A history of participation in and supporting successful projects
- Strong adaptability and capacity to work in fast-paced environments
- In-depth understanding of organizational data flow and its use in management decision-making
- Being detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
- A track record of following through on commitments.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual/critical thinking skills and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior presentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Advanced technical skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.Other details