A premier Specialty Insurance Firm in Manhattan is seeking a Project Manager / PMO for their Project Management Office. This is a contract to perm opportunity for the right candidate.
Job Description: IT Project Management Office
This position is for an AVP level candidate with 5 plus years experience in leading projects or similar background. Candidates should currently be a project management professional, with extensive experience in projects and program management.
- Hands on experience of running large projects and programs
- Extensive knowledge of the tools and techniques needed to manage large IT based projects. Must be fully conversant with MS-Project or related project management tools.
- An ability to train others in the uses of project management tools and techniques is essential
- Run various projects for the IT Governance group including (but not limited to) the roll out of tools, techniques, dashboards etc. for the support of the PMO function.
- Creation of new templates and tools to cover requirements gathering, status reporting, specifications, test plans etc. and to implement these within the IT environment.
- Provide coaching and guidance to the various IT project managers, acting as a center of excellence for all project management techniques and tools.
- Rationalization of tools and techniques to the smallest practical set across the various IT silos.
- Providing support to the IT area in all matters relating to project costs. This would include the production of regular status reports showing the status of project budgets and cost overruns.
- Creation of a consolidated status report, including budget figures, for all significant projects and issues for senior management.
- Development of any report required by management - *ad hoc* requests.
- Liaison with internal IT groups and with other departments and territories * Corporate Governance, Audit, and business areas as necessary.
- 4 year College degree or related experience
- PMP and/or six-sigma certifications a plus.
- Excellent PC skills, especially in Word, Excel and Powerpoint. VBA, Access & Business Objects skills would be a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of MS-Project and derivatives
- Previous programming experience a plus
- Experience of audit environments and practices a plus
The ideal candidate will be confident and have excellent communication skills. Qualities of flexibility, teamwork, diplomacy, detail oriented and hard work are also required. They will need to be a self motivated, driven and be able to manage up, down, and across all levels.
6 East 39th St., Suite 1102 New York, NY, 10016