A Fortune 500 Oil and Gas Company is searching for a Business Analyst with IT Enterprise and Sharepoint skills to join their growing team!
Here's the Scoop:
Assist the Corporate focused information technology business transformation process by fully leveraging established SDLC and project management methodology. Liaise among stakeholders and IT personnel in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements so as to provide effective and resourceful business and technology solutions.
So what will I do?
- Mentor business analysts with lesser experience
- Collaborate with IT Management, project sponsors and other business analysts to assist in determining project scope via enterprise analysis
- Assist in evaluating, recommending, configuring and designing SharePoint solutions that address business needs and/or improve existing capabilities
- Research best practices on governing SharePoint
- Use both SharePoint Designer and other workflow tools to create and manage business processes within SharePoint
- Support business users, content authors and other contributors through troubleshooting, support and training of SharePoint solutions and other Enterprise applications
- Assist with researching, reviewing and analyzing the effectiveness and efficiency of existing business analysis processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes
- Identify and employ appropriate techniques for business analysis and elicitation activities
- Elicit requirements via various techniques and prioritize and analyze the resulting requirements
- Identify and generate required business analysis work product based on the project scope and need
- Participate in Peer Reviews of other Business Analyst’s work product
- Partner with IT personnel to assess and validate existing and resulting solutions to ensure quality of system and business needs are met
- Act as a liaison with the Corporate IT department to ensure optimal performance of the solution
- Serve as Tier 3 escalation point for IT Help Desk providing expert level support for assigned business units
- Develop process diagrams, use cases, and test plans
- Perform system testing, facilitate user acceptance testing and application demonstrations
- Determine most favorable solution approaches via Enterprise Analysis in an unbiased fashion agnostic of solution origin within the agreed upon solution identification guidelines
- Perform other tasks as needed in order to deliver successful solution
- Skilled with business and technical requirements elicitation, analysis, communication, verification, validation and methodology development
- Successfully assist with the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products
- Skillfully create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language
- Competently apply statistical and other research methods into systems issues and products as required
What kind of experience are they looking for?
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, MIS or related field
- PMP certification is preferred
- ITIL certification is preferred
- Microsoft certifications a plus
- 5+ years of managing complex Information Technology projects
- 5+ years of business analysis related experience
- 4+ years experience supporting enterprise technologies and platforms such as SharePoint 20xx, Documentum, BMC Footprints, employee Intranet portals, content management systems, social media, eDiscovery
- Must have technical proficiency in planning, implementing and supporting Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Project Server and related technologies
- Ability to analyze existing processes, identify inefficiencies and propose better solutions
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and conditions
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Ability to stay organized and be detail oriented
What skill sets are they looking for?
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft Project, experience in developing cases, and adept at conducting research into project related issues and products
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills, ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating needs assessments and budgets, strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to present in a user-friendly language, self motivated and directed, keen attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills, team player, and strong customer service orientation.
Great! Anything else?
At OakTree IT we believe in quality, consideration, and offering people meaningful and challenging opportunities. We stand by you and offer benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401k! If this position catches your interest, don’t let this chance to join a passionate team and be backed by the OakTree family pass you by!
Sound like the position you've been searching for? Apply now at http://info.oaktreesoftware.com/BusinessAnalyst-ITEnterprise to talk with an OakTree recruiter today!