A Fortune 500 Oil and Gas Company in Oklahoma City, OK is looking for a Sr. SAP Basis Administrator to join their growing team!
Here's the Scoop:
The SAP BASIS Professional will work closely with project managers, business users, and technical team members to provide technical guidance and support for projects and initiatives ranging in size from minor enhancements to major multi-year initiatives. The Professional must be able lead and support the SAP system through a couple of key upcoming projects, including system migrations from Solaris to Redhat, migrate BIDW to HANA, and support the business initiatives to introduce new functionality to the SAP landscape.
So what will I do?
- Serving as a knowledge resource for SAP R/3 4.7, ECC 607, BW 7.0, Solution Manager 7.1, Enterprise Portals capabilities, and best practices.
- Provide a lead architecture role to support 2015 projects while maintaining reliability and performance.
- Perform core SAP Basis administrator functions including software installation and setup, enhancement pack and support pack installation and upgrade, performance monitoring, tuning and capacity management utilizing enterprise standards and leveraging best operating practices.
- Actively participate in SAP infrastructure design including server, storage, high availability and disaster recovery capabilities.
- Support SAP Landscape strategy thru client copies and system refreshes.
- Prepare formal project documentation, including specifications, requirements summaries, logical system design documents, state diagrams, and test scripts.
- Monitor, analyze, and identify trends for system performance and resource utilization.
- Respond to system problems on a 24x7 basis and take part in on-call rotation.
- Assist with change control, incident response, and testing processes for infrastructure changes or problems across the SAP landscape.
- Collaborate with database administration resources in a Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle environments.
- Collaborate across IT functions including server team, networking and security teams to assist in driving out solutions for SAP that meet our standards and go forward operating plans.
What will I need?
- Communication: Builds positive relationships and uses tact in sensitive situations. Listens well to various points of view and relates well to others at all levels. Understands the importance of relationships to ensure team success. Demonstrates compassion and understanding and open to other view points in the interest of achieving best possible outcomes.
- Self-Management: Ability to prioritize time and tasks with little direction in order to complete work on schedule. Organized and efficient with ability to bring order to complex and competing demands.
- Action Orientation: Takes initiative and action with a drive to achieve and be successful. Seeks out challenging situations. Encourages others with positive and energetic support and enthusiasm.
- Technical Expertise: Maintains technically relevant skills and demonstrates the ability to apply technical skills in solving business/technical problems.
- Results Focused: Creates visibility for management and other stakeholders around progress toward key milestones. Contingency plans to anticipate barriers or problems. Provides the necessary focus to accomplish tasks and puts in the necessary effort to ensure the job gets done on time. Pushes through challenges and obstacles to achieve results.
- Innovation: Demonstrates a creative approach to problem solving. Understands, adapts and implements new approaches effectively and efficiently that resolve current and future challenges while providing unique solutions for the business. Ability to articulate new approaches such that others in the organization understand the value and solution.
- Minimum Technical Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred, or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience in SAP BASIS/Security Administration including one or more of the following SAP modules - ECC, BW, PI, ERP, Solution Manager, and CRM.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices for SAP Basis Administration and operations.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with business analysis techniques and methodologies to include User Stories, Use Cases, Requirements Gathering, Requirements Tracking, UAT, Systems Testing, Agile Methodology, and Waterfall Methodology.
- Analytical and creative, with the ability to solve problems and develop solutions accordingly
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
- Experience in summarizing and presenting complex topics to non-technical audiences
- Experience building relationships between IT and business teams.
- Familiarity with SAP NetWeaver 7.4
- Exposure to SAP HANA
Great! Anything else?
At OakTree IT we believe in quality, consideration, and offering people meaningful and challenging opportunities. We stand by you and offer benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401k! If this position catches your interest, don’t let this chance to join a passionate team and be backed by the OakTree family pass you by!
Feel like this is exactly what you're looking for? Apply here at http://info.oaktreesoftware.com/SrSAPBasisAdministrator to talk with an OakTree Recruiter today!