Senior Manager, Systems Engineer & Senior Member of the Technical Staff
In this role, the Deloitte Senior Manager will play strategic role in advising a large service element to the United State Air Force. The Senior Manager will work in an advanced technology environment and report to the General. Additionally, this role with enhance the Senior Manager's background and build their career capability.
Work you'll do
Subject Matter Expert with detailed and extensive knowledge of specific disciplines within the space enterprise who also possess knowledge of national security space policy, strategy, international collaboration, future concepts, planning, programming, budgeting & execution (PPBE) process, enterprise engineering, architecture development and space acquisition. The Subject Matter Expert will perform the following activities:
- Support integration of space capabilities required to implement national strategy, policy, and guidance
- Support the development of architectures intended to explore a broad range of materiel and non-materiel solutions to national security challenges
- Conduct various analyses and assessments, including but not limited to:
- Space, terrestrial, maritime, air and cyber capabilities
- System of systems factors
- System vulnerability, protection, survivability and resiliency
- System commonality, such as shared ground infrastructure or on-orbit infrastructure
- Commercialization of space initiatives
- Enhancement, research and development efforts to improve system performance
- Simulation-based support pertaining to payloads, operations, maintenance, technology, requirements, performance, manpower and acquisition
- Commercialization of space initiatives
- Mission assurance process improvement
- System level technical analysis
- Perform Requirements, Planning, Programming and Budget, and Execution (PPBE) processes
- Congressional liaison support
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation.
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government national security clearance required to perform the job.
- Master's Degree in an applicable field.
- 15+ years experience (20 years preferred) in Operations, Engineering, Scientific, Analysis, Policy or Planning field related to Space Defense.
- Systems engineering experience with advanced technology and aerospace systems.
- Enterprise integration experience at the Department or Command level.
- Budget or Planning. Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) experience
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.