Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Program Analyst (Job Number:436671)
As an Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Program Analyst, SAIC is seeking someone with experience managing Agile software development teams for machine learning (ML) applications in government or commercial environments. Requires an understanding of dataset curation for training ML models and continuous software testing/integration in an iterative development environment. Experience with applications involving ISR data from airborne or space-based platforms is a plus, but not required. Demonstrated experience designing experiments to compare the performance of algorithms developed by competing groups is preferred.
SAIC is seeking someone with experience overseeing projects involving the design, manufacture, and/or integration of sensors and/or data processors onto USN or USAF ISR aircraft. Relevant experience as a USN or USAF officer is desired, but not required. Experience designing integration tests and knowledge of flight clearance procedures for system demonstrations is preferred. The ideal candidate will have DoD experience (1) assisting with the preparation of solicitations, funding documents and security documents to ensure successful program execution and (2) maintaining close coordination with performers to ensure that program goals are being met.
Additionally, you will be Responsible for designing and developing analytics products for Machine Learning, contributing to open source projects, and integration of Machine Learning into existing SAIC Analytics and Simulations solutions and products. You will be responsible for writing software code and tests, contributing to an agile team, and working to support customer adoption of the technology. You will be responsible for learning and supporting open source and commercial software for Machine Learning to be used by our customers.
This role is also part of a focused team that is incubating Artificial Intelligence offerings within SAIC-s Analytics and Simulation submarket organization. As a team member, you will collaborate with colleagues in the incubator and other solution architects who are working with customers to implement solutions.
This is an Engineering position, which will provide for Research and Development activities in areas such as enterprise deployment of deep neural networks, integration with big data analytics platforms including Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop and SAIC analytics products as an example.
- Develop program plans, schedule, milestones, and monitor technical progress against performance objectives and budget and assist in creating pathways for these technologies to enter into warfighter capability sets.
- Collaborate to form partnerships with Service or Defense Agency Program Offices to leverage existing capabilities in new and innovative ways and to provide expertise in relevant technical disciplines.
- Assist in conducting quantitative analyses of system mission requirements as they pertain to the potential insertion of advanced technologies, evaluate alternatives and trade-offs, evaluate costs and benefits, investigate compatibility, inter-operability and integration, and study reliability issues.
- Provide input to the SCO regarding portfolio objectives and in carrying out associated technical and program management responsibilities including conducting technical analyses to help define, assess, and monitor the technical aspects of the program.
- Conduct performance analyses and assist with technical assessments of performer progress based on the task elements within the performer-s SOW in order to track program progress, technical risk, and potential program impact of failure.
- Assist in the development and transition of technologies and systems to the user community.
- Support the activities of on-going and future work and be familiar with the interaction of the technology/system program with the respective community at large.
- Identify and translate user requirements into specific technology/system R&D objectives, illustrating the benefits of applying the technology/system to military equipment users and developers.
- Identify the military and commercial utility of new products and technology/system developments, including defining system architectures and supporting subsystem performance requirements.
- Coordinate rapid prototyping and demonstration efforts to generate preliminary technical management plans, cost estimates for demonstrations, and project milestone schedules for senior leadership.
- Develop functionality in an agile fashion, with regular releases
- Learn new technologies and techniques from efficient GPU programming, C, CUDA, Python and Java code
- Design and develop analytics solutions and products for production use
- Prototype new technologies and approaches to assess alternatives
- Work as part of an agile team, delivering new functionality on a regular cadence
- Work in a collaborative and fast-paced fun team environment with effective communication and assisting peers. Be an asset and contributor to the team.
- Contribute to designing and building our next generation architecture/ platform for Machine and Deep Learning
- Work with a group of Machine Learning engineers, data scientists and product management
- Distill business objectives into technical solutions through effective system design and architecture
- Show ownership and completion for delivery of technical functions
- Provide technical and analytical solutions to evaluate the merits and challenges of a product idea
- Perform high complexity integration testing, distributed development and validate integration
Required Experience and Skills
- Positions (2) call for 20 years of recent and relevant programmatic and technical support experience.
- Overall 14+ years of experience managing or supporting in a significant role, the acquisition, integration, and acceptance lifecycle of one or more complex computational systems or system upgrades in a mission critical or production R&D computational environment.
- Each position calls for proficiency in program management and systems engineering.
- In-depth knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Space Control, Spaced-based ISR and/or Ground/Air/Space integration
- Maritime Operations and Shipboard environments with experience as surface warfare officer
- Undersea weapons with experience as submarine officer
- Army long range fires,
- Data science, artificial intelligence, deep learning systems,
- Autonomous systems, machine learning
- Long range weapon kill chains,
- Communications, networking, inter-networking in communications in denied environments.
- Knowledge and understanding of the DoD and the Military Departments
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work in a team environment, and be independently motivated.
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and/or other equivalent program management tools.
- 3+ years of full time programming experience within an operations or technical department.
- Understanding of programming concepts and application development. In-depth understanding of one or more computational technical areas such as advanced modeling and simulation.
- Domain knowledge in artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects, creating innovative processes and solutions
- Problem solving and analysis skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working for federal agencies in a consulting position
- Experience specifying user-representative requirements for complex computational environments
- Security clearance with a DCID 6/4 eligibility within the last five (5) years.
- Experience working with DoD, Joint Staff, the Military Departments, Service Program/Project Offices.
- Location - Founders Square building/Arlington, VA
- Occasional travel may be required
- BS is required. BS, MS or Ph.D in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Science or other related technical discipline is preferred.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 15, 2018, 2:53:03 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job