Seeking a Senior Big Data / Web Services Engineer
This position is based in Boston, MA.
The Enterprise Services Advanced Technology for Investment Management Team contributes to the vitality and growth of the organization by transforming breakthrough technologies into practical capabilities for internal and external investment clients. The Team promotes company wide collaboration while delivering new Artificial Intelligence enabled portfolio level perspectives to investment managers and client service colleagues.
The Expertise We're Looking For
* Undergraduate and graduate degrees in computer science
* 4+ years of investment management industry experience building computing algorithms in investment management industry with web services and UI development
* A successful track record in partnering with local and off-shore teams in technology design, implementation and delivery
* Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud certifications
* Demonstrated success building computing algorithms with Java, Scala, Python or R with GPUs and/or map-reduce framework on SPARK cluster
* Advanced SQL, PL/SQL development experience
* Hands-on experience/expertise with UI packages such as Kendo UI Angular, Shiny, JQuery, HTML5
* Expertise in open source streaming products, micro-services and Message Oriented Middleware
The Purpose of Your Role
Looking for an energetic and innovative leader who brings hands-on software engineering excellence in Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) design and development, Big Data/Cloud Computing, best-in-class Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions and pioneering digital experience in web and mobile front-end technologies. It will be important for a candidate to be curious, creative, and agile in learning and applying investment concepts. The role will report to the Head of Investment Application Development.
The Skills You Bring
* You have passion for the financial markets, products, and processes
* You have prior experience in building cluster computing methods executing on the cloud with innovative front-end visualizations.
* You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, effective in interacting with both technical and non-technical professionals
* You have proficient knowledge related to API design and documentation
* You have meticulous attention to detail and unquestioned integrity
* You have experience or a desire to learn Data/business analysis (using advanced SQL)
* You are interested in Mathematical/statistical/ML languages and platforms (such as R, H2O.ai, Octave, Matlab, Weka, SAS); experience using cloud infrastructure.
* You have a desire to work with interactive web tools and quick prototyping with visualization
* You are interested in Big data tools and languages (such as Spark, MapReduce, SQL, Hive)
The Value You Deliver
* Hands-on software engineering excellence in Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) design and development, Big Data/Cloud Computing, best-in-class Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions and pioneering digital experience in web and mobile front-end technologies.
* Hands-on BigData ETL and streaming technology implementation
* Iterative UI development, in-memory Big Data and cluster computing techniques, and real-time data streaming methods.
* Extend expertise in multi-variate statistical modeling, predictive machine learning methods and advanced portfolio optimization techniques.
* Effective partnering across technology, AI Center of Excellence and investment teams