Job Title: Data Support Analyst II
Location: Portland, OR
About This Role:
The Data Support Analyst is primarily responsible for ensuring ongoing data integrity and validity for comScore's On Demand, Linear TV, Mobile, Internet TV, and Digital Download measurement products.
What You'll Do:
* Leads data investigations; owns products and product delivery
* Takes full responsibility for analytic research
* Maintains strict adherence to procedures as required by accreditation policies
* Oversees development tasks related to assigned duties from start to finish, including entering tasks for developers, answering detailed questions and testing
* Ensure the timely and accurate arrival and processing of data feeds to and from comScore partners and clients
* Ensure 100% of expected data has been received, and to promptly identify and communicate issues with data feeds to internal and external parties as necessary
* Provide initial triage on issues as related to data feeds and customer questions
* Work performed may include: coordinating and processing documents, maintaining complicated records, preparing or compiling reports, and special studies where analysis of complex technical data is required
* Effectively translate and communicate the needs for both non-technical people and technical people
* Information gathering for special client request projects in cooperation with customer service and development staff
* Efficiently produce polished reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
* Monitors data receipt and processing
* Designs and executes SQL queries against database to solve problems
* Some roles partner with cross- functional teams to develop user interface tools
* Evaluates existing data feeds and file specification creation, ticket creation, management and testing
* Works directly with data providers on existing specifications
* Familiar with custom reporting tools for data research (Alteryx, Qlikview)
* Oversees mid-size to large external partner relationships
* Mentors and trains new team members
* On Celebration rotation/Support Phone rotation
What You'll Need:
* Outstanding communication skills with all levels of employees and customers including technical, non-technical and management
* Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Business, System Administration or demonstrated working experience in related field
* Experience writing and understanding SQL (Postgres) Queries is a plus
* Experience with Linux/Unix strongly preferred, along with demonstrated experience on file manipulation, data transfers, awk and sed
* Experience with third party data analysis and presentation tools such as Qlikview, Tableau and/or Alteryx is a plus
* Experience preferred with data collection and analysis is a plus
* Experience with professional writing, including reports, business correspondence and documenting processes is a plus
* Experience with complex databases (pulling data from multiple sources) is a plus
* Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
At comScore, we're pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we're united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you're motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we'd love to hear from you.
comScore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, comScore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, comScore is the industry's emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about comScore, please visit comScore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, comScore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
Department: Data Analytics, Research & Product Operations