Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Portland, OR
About This Role:
As a Senior Software Engineer on Comscore's Custom Solutions team, you will work directly with Data Scientist and Developers in our client organizations to develop new tools, systems and methodologies to enable advanced analytics on massive datasets. This is a development intensive role where you will be utilizing your technical skills to implement solutions to challenging problems that are not met by widely used technologies (i.e. you will be writing more code and using fewer frameworks and platforms). Our clients include movie studios, television networks, manufacturers, advertising agencies, and anyone who wants to use our data and technical expertise to help derive new insights into their industry and gain a competitive advantage.
What You'll Do:
* Enhance our distributed datastore, compiler and query execution engine with new analytics and performance optimizations
* Implement software to support distributed system infrastructure management in the cloud and in our datacenters
* Port analytic tools to new operating systems and development environments
* Write developer documentation for new features and tools
* Interact with client developers to assist with training, feature planning and task prioritization
What You'll Need:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline is a plus; 3+ years professional experience desired
* Fluent in Linux Command Line and Python or related languages for developing Linux applications
* Experience wih AWS and Ansible is a plus
* Self-starter type of individual, willing to take on tasks and ask for help as needed
* Excellent oral, written and computer communication skills with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
* Desire and ability to grow and maintain client relationships with an emphasis on excellent communication
At Comscore, we're pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we're united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you're motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we'd love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry's emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
At this time, Comscore will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Department: Data Analytics, Research & Product Operations