Description CHENEGA PROFESSIONAL & TECHNICAL SERVICES
Company Job Title: IT Engineer, Manager
Chenega Job Title: IT Engineer, Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA
Regular, Full Time, Salaried, Exempt
03-05-2018 ***THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD***
Chenega Professional & Technical Services (CPTS) is seeking an IT Engineer, Manager
to provide support to NASA - AMES Research Center (ARC) within the Information Technology Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
- Leads IT engineering efforts and supervises IT engineering staff participating in such efforts.
- Provides engineering, technical, and managerial direction for problem definition, analysis, requirement development and implementation for complex systems in the engineering discipline required to meet IT technical requirements.
- Makes recommendations and advises on IT system development, improvements, optimization, and support efforts.
- Performs risk assessments and analysis, e.g. employing modeling and simulating techniques.
- Works independently of any direct supervision and may provide technical direction and guidance to lower-level professional IT engineering personnel involved in performing difficult and highly complex IT engineering assignments relative to the modification and/or deployment of IT Systems.
- Writes and maintains processes, procedures, test/assessment results, presentations, papers, articles, and other types of documents as required.
- Lead innovation processes and manage innovative technical solutions of interest, including analyzing trends and market disruptions, searching for emerging new market opportunities, and setting up and running idea-generation platforms.
- Make business cases for innovation projects.
- Create and establish an innovation process, including change management aspects.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Minimum Qualifications:
- Other duties as assigned.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- Seven (7) or more years of related experience in an engineering discipline such as: computer information, software, telecommunication, information security, network, or other engineering field.
- Minimum of Five (5) experience leading engineering efforts and supervising engineering staff involved with application of engineering disciplines in the technical field directly related to the required task.
- Must be CISSP certified.
- Must be able to obtain required NASA badge.
- Must be able to provide a certified Birth Certificate (with state seal), Passport, or INS Citizenship documents on date of hire (candidate will be sent home if this paperwork is not provided upon arrival on date of hire).
- Must have, and maintain, a valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to work independently but follow specific detailed instructions
- Ability to interface with various levels of personnel in a multi-cultural, team- oriented environment
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment :
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.