CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
- Job Summary
The Project Manager II - Federal will manage major government contract(s) and individual projects within the project life-cycle Job Description
- Manage an implementation staff to accomplish complex network installations and turn-ups for both domestic and international data/voice networks
- Create and manage program/project artifacts including but not limited to MS Project schedules, Basis of Estimates, Communications Plans, Change Management Plans, Risk Management, etc.
- Develop and manage budget associated with projects and/or programs
- Manage the written responses for all proposals requiring PMO input
- Support Contract Program Office, Pre-sales, Business Development, Planning and Execution, Project Management, Customer Relations, Billing and Contractual issues as part of Program Management.
- Assists in training and making presentations both internally and to Government customers.
- Timely delivery of all monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual contract deliverables.
- Change management reviews and contract modifications and identify requirements for product and IT development.
- Review and provide input to Government and Commercial contacts
- Education: Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience:
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in a program management or customer liaison role.
- Federal government support systems knowledge at least 2 years minimum.
- Telecommunications Project Management experience a must
- Superior customer service skills
- Experience in the management and execution of Commercial, State, and Federal IT programs/contracts.
- Experience in the development of proposals for small- to mid-scale programs; ability to validate role of the PMO in proposal responses.
- Aptitude to identify business development opportunities and coordinating pre-sales activities.
- Working knowledge of MS Project and associated MS Office suites
- Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Knowledge of Telecom, Data Services, MPLS, Hosting, Cloud, Security, and Managed Services
- Strong project management skills
- Understanding of the IXC provisioning process
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Ability to create and manage complex projects and develop program plans, project schedules with minimum oversight
- Experience managing process/procedural changes
- Thorough understanding of customer contracts
- Interpret program financials, forecasts, business case
- Ability to create and matrix-manage various functional teams
- PMP/PMI and or ITIL certification is highly desirable
US-Virginia-Herndon Requisition # :
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses").- We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Disclaimer
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.- Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions. Category:
Telecom, Telecommunications, Information Technology, IT Manager, Project Manager, Technology