SEO Specialist reports to the Manager of Marketing and Technology. The SEO Specialist is a critical role in the marketing team and is responsible for many types of ongoing tasks and campaigns.
RMC’s internal marketing team coordinates a broad spectrum of marketing activities. The SEO Specialist will work in conjunction with other team members in the technical execution of marketing programs and maintaining the messaging, look-and-feel, and brand consistency of RMC’s online presence.
Experience executing full campaigns from keyword research through checking results via reporting and making any subsequent adjustments.
SEO activities would include:
- Research on keyword value, competition, relative positioning, etc.
- Analytics related to organic traffic and conversion
- Strategic direction and prioritization of SEO execution
- Working with team to implement changes
- Reporting against established goals
- Ongoing campaign reiteration
Your SEO hat:
- Research, research, research (all the usual SEO stuff like keyword value, competition, relative positioning, etc.)
- Analyze site traffic and conversions
- Figure out and prioritize what we should be doing in SEO
- Work with the rest of the team to make the right changes
- Establish some goals and report on them
- Reiterate (then do it again—SEO is an ongoing thing, right?)
Other roles/responsibilities may include marketing content related tasks (ie managing wordpress content, reviewing/updating collateral, etc).
This is you:
- Two or four-year degree in marketing or something relevant
- At least 1-3 years full-time experience in marketing or web roles
- SEO experience (enough that you’re confident calling the shots)
- Google Analytics experience (more than passingly familiar, less than Master Guru)
- Can write and edit better than average
- Assumes that MS Office expertise is automatically required (to the point that we shouldn’t have to mention it here)
This might be you (Nice to have):
- Google Analytics Certified
- Understands HTML and CSS coding
- Comfortable with Adobe Dreamweaver (or another site coding tool)
- Familiar with Magento, Salesforce, WordPress