This position requires the candidate to apply their leadership experience and object oriented, .NET, and C# web architecture skills to develop software products for the petroleum distribution and retail industry. It is essential that the candidate have a passion for software development. This position is ideal for the individual who enjoys mentoring and leading a highly qualified team that achieves very high levels of productivity by leveraging their experience and training in object oriented design and programming.
Essential Functions of the Position
- Perform as a highly capable individual responsible for leading efforts in the analysis, design and coding of high quality software products using C# and .NET technologies.
- Manage designs and code consistent with Factor’s webex application framework.
- Manage development functions including object model analysis and design, web services, and AngularJS user interface programming.
- Gain an understanding of business requirements, current system operations/functionality and proposed new requirements.
- Use previous experiences to contribute to the overall technical architecture.
- Manage web developer and QA resources for new product development
- Manage external resources as provided for new product development
- Integrate new product development with other relevant departments
- Hire and train QA and web developer resources for new product development
- Create and enforce development and QA processes and standards
- Enforce modern web development practices, including application security
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Manage new product software development lifecycle
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Convert requirements into Agile stories and maintain the backlog
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Design web systems based on requirements, working closely with the product owner
- Architect web systems based on design
- Act as Scrum Master for the new product development team
- Maintain currency with software development tools and processes
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to plan and accomplish goals.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Possess strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Ability to generate thorough, accurate work according to established procedures.
- Ability to work effectively individually and as part of a team.
- Goal-oriented with a high level of energy and drive for achievement.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and details simultaneously.
- Ability to recognize and identify problems, issues and opportunities.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to take initiative, maintain confidentiality and meet deadlines.
This is a hands on management role where leadership and management are blended.
The successful candidate will have strong hands on experience in leading, developing and managing a successful development team.
Education and/or Experience
- At least 5+ years of overall development experience and 3 years minimum in C# and .NET technologies.
- At least 3 years of experience of successfully leading a web development team.
- Object oriented analysis, design, and programming skills are mandatory.
- Ability to lead and work with a team of subject matter experts and quickly grasp business processes.
- Production-level experience with AngularJS desired.
- Proven understanding of web services and service oriented architectures.
- Experience developing accounting and/or distribution systems a plus.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis for any employer.