This position is responsible for providing technical leadership, expertise and guidance related to the architectural standards, design, development, integration and implementation of software solutions that enable our Tampa International Airport business partners the ability to achieve their objectives. In addition, The Solution Architect will provide oversight to production controls, access, Disaster Recovery and instance management. The Solutions Architect will apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices, acting as a technical advisor, to guide in the planning and coordination of design, development and implementation of our mission-critical systems. This role will report to the Director of IT Applications.
- Business Focus – A strong background in identifying and architecting technology to support key business requirements within a common platform (Oracle EBS/Cloud Applications) and integrating supporting “Best of Breed” technology.
- Safety - Extending beyond our proactive approach to maintaining a secure facility for guests, our commitment to safety acknowledges the sense of security and peace of mind that comes from providing a warm and comfortable environment.
- Service - We are committed to the highest levels of guest quality and service. Tampa International Airport team members take great pride in delivering top-notch experiences that are helpful, welcoming and friendly. Our minimum standard is excellence in all we do.
- Community - As the gateway to the west coast of Florida, we serve communities and businesses throughout the region. Through our initiatives, we bring regional interests and organizations together to build a stronger Tampa Bay. As a good neighbor and community partner, we are committed to providing opportunities and making responsible choices that benefit our region.
- Growth - We are committed to building a sound financial position that cements our ability to be best in class for years to come. Our economic strength comes from a sensible and dynamic approach to growth. We will ensure that as the Tampa Bay region grows their airport is scaled to meet rapidly changing needs.
- Innovation - We are imaginative and forward-thinking. Dedicated to evolving both form and function through technological advancement, improved processes, and operational efficiency; while remaining true to our guests’ desire for simplicity, organization and convenience.
- Technology – As the gatekeeper of Tampa International Airport business, we are responsible for determining the correct technology based most cost effective and secure technology stack to ensure business value while ensuring that it provides seamless integration, provided quality information and it is protected and recoverable.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Provide architecture design and governance expertise while collaboratively working with stakeholders in all areas of the business and IT to help achieve company objectives.
- Oversight and Control of Production Support, Governance, Instance Management, Access Controls, Technology Platform and Disaster Recovery.
- Work directly with the Program Management Office, Applications Development Group, IT Security and Infrastructure/Network Organizations to provide and deliver technology solutions to enable our users and provide data to support their regulatory, financial and decision making processes.
- Continually facilitate and assist with efforts to define the future state of the enterprise.
- Provide clear guidance and assistance on moving from current state architecture towards the future state through collaboration and/or architectural roadmaps/runways.
- Ensure effective governance of defined industry and company software practices and standards.
- Demonstrate and create prototypes, build reference architectures and define other effective solutions.
- Continually stay abreast on current industry trends and lead the research and development efforts accordingly through proof of concept implementations, workshops, etc.
- Provide guidance, coaching and effective assessments for various IT teams and initiatives.
- Create prototypes and demonstrate innovative and effective solutions that align with organization’s objectives and maintain competitive market advantage.
- Analyze existing systems through interview process with technology and application SMEs to develop end-to-end current state architecture and definition of the future state architecture.
- Perform gap analysis between current state and the future state architecture to identify single points of failure, capabilities, capacity, fault tolerance, hours of operation (SLA), and change windows.
- Collaborate with various IT groups in continuously creating and modifying technology standards and practices.
- Champion product design, solution design and industry best practices in building and delivering best in class software.
- Effectively communicate using written, oral, non-verbal, and active listening skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience.
- Five to seven years of experience Architecting and deploying enterprise solutions incorporating core ERP applications, Best of Breed Applications, middleware integration, database management, operational support and technical documentations that includes complete topography design.
- 3-5 years implementing and/or supporting Oracle Applications (EBS v 12.x.x and Cloud)
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Relational database design, coding, and management with an emphasis on Oracle and PL/SQL.
- Ability to create, update, and review functional and technical documents; and Ability to develop test data, test scripts and execute comprehensive testing of integrated systems.
- Must have experience in identifying and implementing sound design patterns and capable of leading and facilitating design and modeling workshops with both business and technical team members.
- Additional Plus
- Knowledge of ITIL service management best practices
- Proven experience working with project teams in an influential role to deliver architecture solutions based on business requirements, technology standards, and service level agreements and approved funding.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
The Aviation Authority-Tampa International Airport provides equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.
The Aviation Authority-Tampa International Airport welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.