***Successful Candidate must have an Active DOE Q or L Clearance***
Hardware Warranty Technician (HWT) is responsible for accurately inspecting the quality
of computer hardware and providing warranty services to our external customers per contractual obligations, answer questions or resolve computer problems in person, via telephone, electronically, or onsite. The HWT will interact daily with customers with a variety of technology expertise, exercising independent judgment in determining how to best meet their needs; diagnose and resolve technical problems with computing hardware, software, and network services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Set up equipment for customer use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Install and perform warranty repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Primary point of contact for interacting with external customers.
- Provide occasional technical proposal support.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- DOE Q clearance
- A+ Certified
- Excellent driving record
- Experience in customer facing role either remote or face to face
- Intelligent, detail-oriented, proactive team player
- Highly motivated with the ability to work with minimal instruction and supervision
- Ability to prioritize your daily workload, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and possess a sense of urgency when required to meet deadlines. Ability to react to multiple, changing priorities on short notice
- Superior computer skills: Windows, Microsoft Office, Outlook, SAP