***SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST HAVE A TS/SCI WITH FULL SCOPE POLY SECURITY CLEARANCE***
CyberTrend Engineering LLC is a small business operating in Severna Park, Maryland since 2010 providing consulting services for government agencies around the US. The founder has been in the Intelligence Community for over 33 years specializing in Systems and Software Engineering. CyberTrend's core capabilities are Systems Engineering, Service Oriented Architecture, Cloud Solutions, Software Engineering, Web Services, Java, and J2EE.
The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
*Seven (7) years experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
*Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
*Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
*Shall have one (1) year demonstrated work experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as Hbase, CloudBase/Acumulo, Big Table, etc.; *Shall have demonstrated work experience with the Map Reduce programming model and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.;
*Shall have demonstrated work experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS);
*Shall have demonstrated work experience with Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON.
• Shall have demonstrated work experience with Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON.
• Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
• Debug existing software and correct defects
• Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
• Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
Candidates must be familiar with:
• Experienced in JVM languages (Java, Scala, Kotlin)
• Experience with a scripting language, such as Python, is a bonus
• Familiarity with Docker, Marathon, Mesos
• Familiarity with Spring MVC
• Understanding of functional programming characteristics and how it differs from object oriented principles
• Strong understanding of API design
• Experience using Gradle
This team develops the backend API for all Content Analytics services - communicating with many platforms to provide data from our analytic processing and third party systems to our frontend UI. The service is largely written in Kotlin - a functional JVM language created by Jetbrains and recently accepted by Google as one of their core programming languages.